Thread: 99 LS1 pcm limiting motor rpm

Potential Tuner

99 LS1 pcm limiting motor rpm

i have a built ls1 that on the engine dyno will spin to 7800rpm no problem but once its installed in the car it wont rev past 7000ish rpm..is the stock pcm the problem.? and yes i have raised the rev limiter as well as fuel and spark cut off...not sure what im missing...

Advanced Tuner
    how about speed limiter? got a tune file to look at?
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Potential Tuner
    speed limiter is set to 255...i will upload my file in a lil bit...

Potential Tuner
    here is my file as removed...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    post a log of it. Also, your gen 3 not 4..

Potential Tuner
    i will get a log....

also the car is a gen 3 and the motor is an ls2 with ls7 heads and intake..so i apologize if i posted in the wrong section..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse583 View Post
    i will get a log....

also the car is a gen 3 and the motor is an ls2 with ls7 heads and intake..so i apologize if i posted in the wrong section..
    It's the computer running the engine that matters for Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Are you sure you've got enough fuel pump? Your VE table and your PE are both taking a very abrupt step...the PE goes from a commanded ~12.25 (pump gas right?) up to 4800 RPM, then a very very abrupt slope to ~11.14 by 6400 RPM, the VE has a cliff at 90 KPA...the MAF table is maxed out, but you're running the 1-bar MAF enhanced OS, with the MAF fail frequency set to 0, but then you have EVERY code disabled, so the MAF can't fail and you're not using the VE tables at all at high RPM.

My bet is you're going very lean up there. Make sure you've got enough fuel pump in the car as I assume you're using the same injectors on the engine dyno already. You should re-enable the OBD2 codes...at least for every sensor you've actually got installed in the car. After that, I'd try running EITHER the original OS in speed density, or the HPTuners 1-bar MAP OS rather than MAF, and do a better job with the VE table with your wideband.

If you want to use the MAF sensor, and your MAF sensor was calibrated from a wideband, then I think you need to scale the tune...as long as it's staying below 11,000-12,000 Hz, you can scale the entire tune (injector flowrate and so on) so that you're not pegging that table at 512 grams/second and then relying only messed up PE to try to hit a reasonable AFR.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the answers so far...i guess i have some adjustments to make..