Thread: Yesterday at idle, -1 to -3 short term fuel trims, today -21.3 on both banks?

Advanced Tuner

Yesterday at idle, -1 to -3 short term fuel trims, today -21.3 on both banks?

The car is now idling rich. You can smell it out the tail pipe. What could of gone wrong from one day to another to throw the car into a very rich condition at idle?

Evap purge.

Advanced Tuner
    I have larger problems now. I got a dtc. but now hp tuners cannot find my vcm whether in scanning or editing mode. I tried a different usb cable. the cable is fine.

Advanced Tuner
    all very strange. after 5 minutes of driving I tried the scanner in a parking lot. it worked and brought up some U codes.
    TCM disconnected from something. At any rate I was able to then use the editor to reflash and the codes are gone and the negative fuel trims are back at around -3. All too weird. While I was having the problems and I would start the car it almost sounded like the starter going out once or twice.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry,, spoke too soon. I guess that was a separate problem which I seem to have fixed. I do not know how I fixed it. But for now that is fixed.

Now I am back to the minus 21.3s. I do smell a little fresh gasoline from the car. Why am I not throwing a code for this? I guess I will have to bring her in to see where the leak is.

You have to be careful calibrating the maf off of fuel trims after flashing the car with an e38 pcm. For whatever reason on various cars I have seen the ltft's act crazy after a flash. I usually do an update then drive the car for a while to let everything settle then reset ltft then calibrate the maf.
    Squirrel stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Did you reset ltft every time you flash? Try and calibrate always with ltft+stft at the beginning

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    are you o2 switching?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by topher455 View Post
    You have to be careful calibrating the maf off of fuel trims after flashing the car with an e38 pcm. For whatever reason on various cars I have seen the ltft's act crazy after a flash. I usually do an update then drive the car for a while to let everything settle then reset ltft then calibrate the maf.
    This...

It seems every time I flash my tune, the trims are way off. After a few minutes I restart the logging and they are all good.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000