Thread: A6 downshift issue

Potential Tuner

A6 downshift issue

On my 2006 Corvette A6, I had a supercharger installed and tuned. The car runs great but there is one problem. Since the tuner isn't close I bought the HP Tuner Suite myself. Here's the issue: As I slow to a stop and the car decelerates and downshifts from 3-2 or 2-1, the shift is a little harsh. Not smooth like it used to be. So when the rpm's dip to 700 and the car downshifts, the rpm's jump to 1000 and then settle down as I continue to slow down. This is very annoying in stop and go traffic. Is there a way to tune this out?

Also, I'd like to firm up the shifts in S (Sport) mode only but leave D (Drive) stock. I'm having a hard time finding info on Normal, Pattern A and Pattern B and which one's I should tweak and which I should leave alone.

Potential Tuner
    Here's my tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Any ideas on smoothing out the downshifts? Can I change the when it downshifts so that it shifts at a higher rpm? Then it will be less noticeable. It looks like the transmission tables are based on speed not rpm's.

Potential Tuner
    No ideas?

What supercharger do you have? Also any other mods would be helpful.

I had a similar problem after beefing up the trans tune. I simply changed the 1st gear down shift speed to ZERO mph. You will still be able to feel it but for me it tolerable.
    >Trans>Part Throttle Shift Normal>2->1 Set 0 to 19 mph to 0.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Potential Tuner
    A&A supercharger kit. No other mods. You only changed your 2-1 downshift? Is it safe to change 3-2 and 2-1 to ZERO?

Quote Originally Posted by psxer989 View Post
    A&A supercharger kit. No other mods. You only changed your 2-1 downshift? Is it safe to change 3-2 and 2-1 to ZERO?
    I don't know. Doubt if it would hurt anything but you might just try lowering the downshift speed of 3-2.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods