Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans not shifting at wot 1-2 shift

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    well good luck! on the timing there was a recent article about a build on a new Camaro. they took away timing to 23 from 26 and gained 12 horsepower. with the heavy Camaro, g8, and the tbss low 20s create the most power with 91 or 93 octane. sorry to head this in a direction you were not looking for.
    no problem, I'm always open to other subjects. BTW, they are checking the pressure manually to see what it does around commanded shift. We'll go from there. I'm not a trans expert by any means.

With fuel type, a/f ratio and temp aside, I think timing has more to do with the engine combination than vehicle weight.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

First off, your frame rate on the scanner is very low, look at how your RPM & speed graphs are stair stepped. That's because you using 42 bytes, delete all unnecessary pids and try to keep it at 24 max. You can use my trans.cfg file, it has just the pids for trans scanning.

Why is your WOT TCC lock speed set at 0.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    First off, your frame rate on the scanner is very low, look at how your RPM & speed graphs are stair stepped. That's because you using 42 bytes, delete all unnecessary pids and try to keep it at 24 max. You can use my trans.cfg file, it has just the pids for trans scanning.

Why is your WOT TCC lock speed set at 0.

Russ Kemp
    I'll have to look at the WOT TCC settings when I get home. Thanks for the config, however I'm not sure if your reply was a stab or if your trying to contribute....

Advanced Tuner
    for search purposes, the problem ended up being a mechanical issue with the trans.