Thread: SES light. What does this mean?

Senior Tuner

SES light. What does this mean?

I've can clear this out, drive the car and all is well. Next day it comes on again. Differential is not low on fluid.

Given that you have posted in the Gen IV area - I'm assuming this is a 2007+ truck given the DTC. This is part of a diagnostic algorithm for catalytic converter warm up from a cold start. Lots of possible contributors - often a bad or aging O2 sensor is at fault.

In older gas calibrations this was an EGR related DTC. In Gen IV engines (no EGR) P1400 is sometimes labeled "Cold start emission reduction control system" ... i.e. cat warm up.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Given that you have posted in the Gen IV area - I'm assuming this is a 2007+ truck given the DTC. This is part of a diagnostic algorithm for catalytic converter warm up from a cold start. Lots of possible contributors - often a bad or aging O2 sensor is at fault.

In older gas calibrations this was an EGR related DTC. In Gen IV engines (no EGR) P1400 is sometimes labeled "Cold start emission reduction control system" ... i.e. cat warm up.
    Sorry, 2012 Corvette Z06, 12K miles. Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers, catless.
    Last edited by 8850; 07-12-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Given the way the vehicle has been configured, just turn off the DTC.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Given the way the vehicle has been configured, just turn off the DTC.
    I figured that would be the solution but wanted to be sure I didn't have a problem. It wasn't doing this when I first put the headers on is my concern.