Thread: Step by step instructions on creating maf error pid?

Advanced Tuner

Step by step instructions on creating maf error pid?

I know and understand quite a bit on changing the editor and what the changes mean.

But I admittedly have very little knowledge on scanning items except for what was loaded in the histogram when I received hp tuners.

When I try to load the pid for maf error percentages it gives me the message "histogram not supported".

What would be the step by step instructions for someone who does not know how to operate the scanner to make a new histogram?

Right now at idle I am seeing short term fuel trims in the -1 to -3 percent which is ok. But I would like to take a drive and hit all the different rpms with the histogram I am having trouble loading.

I just figured out how to do this myself, so I am by no means an expert on the topic. However, I can tell you that you first need to have MAF error % showing in the table view of the scanner. If you do not know how to do this, it involves creating a custom PID (with a formula). I did mine for Lambda error % since that seems to be what the experts are recommending. It isn't terribly difficult, but it isn't really intuitive either (at least for me), and I gather that specifics will vary some depending on your particular situation.

Once you have your MAF error showing in the table view, you can create a custom histogram to show AFR error (or lambda error) v. MAF frequency. In the same way, this isn't exactly intuitive, but if you look in the quick start guide there is info there on it. I had to fiddle with it, go back to the guide, fiddle some more, etc.

Hope this helps. Perhaps if you posted your config, etc., someone smarter than me could help with it.