Thread: Narrowband Voltage Rnage?

Narrowband Voltage Rnage?

I have an LC-1 wired to my EGR of the PCM. I also have the innovate digital air fuel gauge. When I first hooked everything up, it all worked great and read equal. Now a few weeks later, I have changed nothing, and my scanner is reading almost 1 whole point higher than my gauge. I recalibrated the sensor and checked out the ground but that didnt help.

I also have the narrowband output fromt he LC1 connected and I noticed that it is also reading a higher voltage than my stock Bank 2 sensor. This is weird.

Any thoughts?
    Narrowband offset.jpg
    1999 Chevy Blazer w/L31 5.7l Vortec and 0411 PCM.
    2005 Turbocharged Chevy Silverado Iron Block forged 402ci, 224/228/112 cam, 9.1:1, 1000cc FIC inj., Precision PT88, 4l80E/HD2, CircleD 3,200 E85 780whp/680wtq

I should add that both the scanner and the gauge are being fed by the same Analog output 2 wire from the wideband controller, thus making it more confusing to me. I checked the custom pid and the values didn't change in that. The hard part is I don't know what to trust. It worked perfect for a few weeks and then started getting off.

Could logging too many sensors and pids cause this to be skewed? My table is pretty full.
    1999 Chevy Blazer w/L31 5.7l Vortec and 0411 PCM.
    2005 Turbocharged Chevy Silverado Iron Block forged 402ci, 224/228/112 cam, 9.1:1, 1000cc FIC inj., Precision PT88, 4l80E/HD2, CircleD 3,200 E85 780whp/680wtq

Senior Tuner
    The LC-1 is known for having ground offset accuracy
    issues (as do most widebands, but the ground feed and
    what shares it, is a big variable). Heater load and chassis
    sheet metal load are variable with what's going on with
    the weather (A/C, blower fan, etc.). The agreement of
    gauge (kinda self contained) with remotely sensed output
    voltage difference (bent by ground I*R offset) is suspect
    for any meter.

Quote Originally Posted by cpolaris502 View Post
    I also have the narrowband output fromt he LC1 connected and I noticed that it is also reading a higher voltage than my stock Bank 2 sensor. This is weird.

Any thoughts?
    Weld in a new bung for the LC-1, don't use the simulated NB.

Quote Originally Posted by cpolaris502 View Post
    I should add that both the scanner and the gauge are being fed by the same Analog output 2 wire from the wideband controller, thus making it more confusing to me.
    Innovate has said not to run one AD output to two sources.