Thread: ls3 and 6l80 swap communication problems

ls3 and 6l80 swap communication problems

im hoping somebody here can steer me in the correct direction. this project was started long before i began working at this shop and now im the one that has to pick up the pieces and get it to work. here is what we have

64 corvette
    gm ls3 e-rod crate engine with e67 crate engine ecm and wiring harness, designed for manual trans use
    07 corvette 6l80 transaxle with internal t43 tcm
    mastershift eletronic shifter (moves manual lever and provides tapshift triggers)

the tcm is hooked to the high speed data outputs on the ecm wiring harness, power and grounds are all wired. i have done a "read entire" and it reads both the ecm and tcm, and both flash when i do a write calibration only. in the scanner i can see both the ecm and tcm sensors, everything seems to work ok. i even have the tap up / tap down triggering correctly. the problem im having is i keep getting a u0100 set and the transmission is stuck in 3rd gear failsafe.

im assuming i have an incompatable operating system probem, however ive also been considering can bus problems. ive been reading the can bus needs to be around 60 ohms resistance, done with 2 120 ohm resistors in parallel. currently my data bus is sitting at 120-140 ohms. anyone know if this is causing my problem? i tried another 120 ohm resistor in the back of the diagnostic plug, brought the resistance down to 66 ohms, still had the code. ive also read that the resistor is supposed to be at either end of the can system, is putting it at the end near the transmission going to make a difference?

if its a compatability issue, what operating systems would i need to find to get it to work? i know the 09+ caddy ctsv with lsa uses an e67/t43 combo, however i read 09+ wont work with 08 and prior systems.

im uploading the hpt files. the first one is the stock tune, the 2nd one i changed a few of the ecm tables to match that of a stock 07 vette with 6l80

any help would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

Tuner in Training
    have the same problem here, in a custom hand made truck

i ended up using the ctsv operating system and everything worked out.
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

Rear mounted transaxle in a 64 vette... Interesting

Tuner in Training
    Ok if I flash a ctsv 2010 auto operating system with an entire flash, it will be ok?

the ctsv have a 6l90e, doesnt make a difference?

thanks!

Potential Tuner
    He bro I'm having an issue with a gen 4 5.3/6l80 swap. There's no communication at the obd2 unless I use a resistor. Runs great just won't shift. Trans is rebuilt. I Kno it needs to see the tcm cause of the loop. It's a built standalone harness by psi

If you can't communicate with the ECM and TCM, that means they can't communicate with each other. That must be fixed first. You need to measure the COM lines. CAN high and CAN low with no electrical power (battery) on the system. Should be approx 60 ohms from the two 120 ohm resistors in parallel.