Thread: 2012 5.3 ls9 cam swap super lean

2012 5.3 ls9 cam swap super lean

I'm trying to tune a 2012 silverado with a 5.3 and ls9 cam swap. The thing is an absolute dog and the fuel trims add up to 60%. I've tried to disable dynamic fueling so it just runs off of the maf. No matter how much I add to the maf curve, it doesn't richen up. He deleted the afm and vvt and I've deleted the afm solenoid dtcs and the vvt codes, set vvt cam to none and oil pressure in the vvt to none. I'm really not sure the problem is tune related. Do these ls9 cams require 60% more fuel at idle? Any help is appreciated. I can post the tune when I get home, but I really haven't done much since I can't get it to move out of its own way.

Have physically deleted the VVT? Mean swap parts? ... When u ad so much fuel and there are no changes? I suspect u have a leak some where ?
    specialize in: V8 Conversion & Tuning (UAE- DUBAI)
    supercharge installation
    Salah clutches for Nissan, Toyota and GM car

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    no came requires much fueling at idle, if anything you remove fueling due to its low efficiency at idle.

did you try WOT?

Trucks PE logic are different than cars.

post your file.
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 07-07-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I got it figured out. I didn't switch the afm to disabled. I guess the injectors were only firing on 4 cylinders.

Haha, sweet also the LS9 cam is very smooth compared to stock LS2/3 and LS7 cams, I find it idles smoother due to its 122.5 LSA