Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tables to make manual low work right on a 4L80e (GenIII) pcm

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    Has anyone tested this with OS12587603 yet? I can tell you that the table/parameter in EFILive does not work.
    EFILive does not have this table (D1 Urban). I am running HPT build 2.24.241 and this parameter (D1 Urban) is still not available for 2004 OS 12587603 - hopefully it is soon.

If you want to see what this table looks like open a 2002 or earlier tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    EFILive does not have this table (D1 Urban). I am running HPT build 2.24.241 and this parameter (D1 Urban) is still not available for 2004 OS 12587603 - hopefully it is soon.

If you want to see what this table looks like open a 2002 or earlier tune.
    Looks like the EFILive D0913 is likely the same as D1.

Even D1 does not appear to be available in all 80E OS's from the few I have looked through today. (e.g. 12585950)

I do see the D1 Urban on an older OS now.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I have the same issue. I have the latest OS which shows the D1 options unfortunately after adding them it still tried to shift into 2nd. Further logging I noticed that even when I put the trans into 1st it doesn't register D1 in the PRNDL or current gear in HP tuner. I can put the car in 2nd and it stays in second, and it drives normally in 4th. The trans shifts and drives like normal and I see the 'current gear' show up correct as the car shifts through gears.

Am I correct in assuming that for the ECM to register a D1 (1st gear) a PRNDL switch must be connected and wired up to the ECM somewhere? Or should it be reading this from the transmission internally?

Thanks to anyone who clear this up for me, I've tried researching it but can't get a clear answer on where to go next.

Tuner in Training
    I spent the better part of the weekend getting a PRNDL switch installed and it's reading correctly (D1, D2 etc) in the log files under PRNDL status. Unfortunately setting the D1 table speed to 255 didn't stop it from shifting to 2nd.

Chris, I sent you an email with my log file and the config. Please let me know if there's anything you can do to help as this has been a nightmare for us.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Still fighting this issue. I would love to be able to get this resolved so I can hit test and tune tomorrow night while weather is nice.

First the PRNDL switch does not have to be there. When set to "none" on a gen III pcm it determines that data internally from the transmission and works fine without it. Second, its not the "D1" table you need to change, its the "D1 Urban" table that unfortunately still has not been added to most of the OS's.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Bluecat for clarifying that for me...unfortunatley I won't get back the time I spent swapping the shafts and modifying a bracket to work and wiring it all in, but lessoned learned. I was speaking with Bill and he has requested one of the files showing the "D1 Urban" table for comparison to see if someone can work on getting something going for my OS so I'm currently looking for someone with a file with the OS where D1 Urban is present and will likely create a new thread for this request. Unfortunately I'm somewhat stuck without the change and really looking to get back to racing. Again, thank you for clarifying Buecat.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    EFILive does not have this table (D1 Urban).
    One more reason to buy hpt instead

I am running HPT build 2.24.241 and this parameter (D1 Urban) is still not available for 2004 OS 12587603 - hopefully it is soon.
    We add the table on a case by case basis(we've already added it to many operating systems), we already have enough work on our plates to keep us busy for the next two or so years with dodge/ford/gm definitions, if you need it added to an operating system simply email support the file and one of the files that already has the table and we'll do the rest.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Chris ... awesome job as usual. The new table for 2002 OS12212156 looks good.

When you have an opportunity, adding this to 2004 OS12587603 and 2005 OS12592618 would be appreciated.

If that is the case Bill, last I checked it still wasn't there for 12587603. So let me re-request that if that is what needs to happen. I don't normal care to just manually go out and change the data myself, but on vehicles that have HPT custom os's already applied I can't do that easily. I have to find a stock os file, manually mod that data, flash, reread in HPT, appy custom os, and reapply all the previous tune... ect. Alot of work and time for just wanting to change about 20 bytes of data. lol. I had to do that about a month ago for 603, which I use almost exclusively for blue/green stuff since it was an OS like 156 that was used in almost every vehicle platform. Hell while your at it do 604 and that way I've have a supported D1 urban os for every early style pcm/platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jime View Post
    Bluecat is this a problem for gen iv pcm's or just gen iii?
    I'm curious about this also.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Tuner
    Back from the dead... I don't see this available for 12587604. I'm tired of the transmission shifting out of 1st

Can you add this to 7604, please?

Tuner
    Any update on this? I sent Chris a PM regarding this as well.

Tuner
    Any update?

Tuner
    Any update?

Tuner in Training
    I would also like to add d1 d1 urban etc???

Potential Tuner
    Bringing the dead thread back... I must say I'm a noob tuner, basically had my car base tuned and am doing small adjustments myself but this 1st gear crap is killing me from a low roll. What do I need to do?

I'm experiencing this problem as well. Is there any way to fix OS 12208322? Donor vehicle was a 2001 Silverado 2500HD. Thanks!

Easiest thing to do is just swap to one of the more populated OS's. In your case the 12212156 from 2002.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

James, I have a stock tune file in one of my folders with the 12212156 OS. When both are opened with the compare feature, there are visually no differences. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkertuned View Post
    James, I have a stock tune file in one of my folders with the 12212156 OS. When both are opened with the compare feature, there are visually no differences. Any advice?
    You can't view them as a compare file to see differences in defined tables. Open the 12212156 OS file in a new editor and compare them. If you have the latest versions of software the 12212156 is one of the most populated OS's for a Gen3 OS.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400