Thread: 4t65e - TCC Slip

Potential Tuner

4t65e - TCC Slip

So I started doing some trans tuning, and noticed a LOT of TCC slip.

Partial throttle under a big load, it can be as much as 1200rpms.

I tried setting the MAX auto tcc tables to 100 and min to 50 like I have seen suggested, and it didn't change anything. I started to think that the shop half-assed the rebuild or something but then I noticed something else last night.

While driving, i put my scan gauge to monitor tcc slip and tcc duty. When the tcc duty was at 0, the tcc slip was really high, as soon as the tcc duty engaged, it would go up to 65, give or take a few (cruising down highway), once this tcc duty got up, the tcc slip dropped from wherever it was at, usually anywhere from 250-700, down to under 50. (depending on tcc duty/etc).

Can someone take a look at this scan/tune and figure out what is going on? Any suggestions to try? Basically I need to figure out if this is something I can tune to fix or if the car needs to go back to the trans shop. Also the car is still N/A so its not like I'm putting down a ton of power or anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    tcc at 0 percent is unlocked and will have high slip. 50rpm and lower id think would be fine.
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Advanced Tuner
    you could do the minimum values to 98 and max to 99 so that its basically on off lock up. if you leave it at 50 minimum your going to have slip
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Tuner
    ^^That works on 4l60s and such but it doesn't work on the 4t65s. These converters are designed to slip to a degree, if they don't have a small amount of slip there will be other issues.

Try taking your duty cycle tables and just increase your high side and then highlight - interpolate between bounds. Don't change the minimums. If it's a new trans you shouldn't have to do anything really.
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe