Thread: Posting tune for ideas and help

Tuner

Posting tune for ideas and help

I just started tuning and it's on my boosted car that I just finished all by myself, ECS and the internet.

2003 ZO6

ECS 1500 centrifugal blower
    1.75" Headers with catted mids and straight pipes
    Racetronix high flow pump and harness (have BAP but not installed yet)
    McLeod Twin Disk clutch
    2 BAR MAP
    60# injectors
    Replaced stock valve springs with stockers

I have the 5 pin MAF so it must stay for now since the IAT is in it. I believe I have it completely turned off in my tune.

Go easy on me with my tuning abilities. I did the 2 BAR upgrade so everything over 105 I was playing safe and going on the rich side as I don't know where it should be at. I've been slowly tuning the VE table going to work during the evenings trying to do it with the same ambient temps. You can see in the log that my AFR is very rich higher in the RPM range. And I got KR at 15:24 to 15:35 and I can't see why.

I have a few questions with the histogram. What are the best things to have in the table for tuning without a MAF having FI? How can I have it disregard any TPS below 10% for the VE AFR % Error? It goes lean coasting and I'd like it not to report it. Any other string I should use in other ones? Should I be doing anything different?

One other thing, my injector duty cycle no longer works and says unsupported parameter. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachment 39990Attachment 39991
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 07-04-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Why are you commanding 14.0:1 AFR when you should be aiming for stoich 14.681:1 as seen in your Stoich AFR?
    and the first place i looked was Open Loop F/A vs Coolant temp.. bingo...
    Usually, when the engine is at operating temp, one would have 1.00 so the engine can reach stoich idle and anything out of PE/BE.

Tuner
    Anything else? Would you set BE the same AFR all the way across or stay leaner below 4k rpm and fatten it up over 4k? Say less than 4k set at 12.2 and over 4k at 11.5 but making it a nice transition?
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 07-05-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The beauty about centri blowers is its RPM dependent in the classical use, so yes, you could ramp up the BE, but be aware of your boost curve throughout the rpm. This of course is if you are not using various techniques such as inlet limiting devices, or BOV on the intake side while maxing the blower out to give constant boost throughout rpm.
    Also, I like to have PE enter at 85kpa...
    In the past I have also decreased spark advanced (WOT) through the 4000-5400 rpm range, through peak cyl pressure, then bring timing back up... you can get away with more timing up top and add some hp.

May want to set the po0101,102,103 to 0 on first error. What type of a fuel system are you running? The IFR looks off for 60# INJ.

Tuner
    ECS sent me a base tune, so they are the ones that put the injector data in. I can only assume they put the right info in.

Right now I have the Racetronix GRJ420 pump and harness. I'll be installing my BAP before I start WOT tuning. Trying to see if I can tune it for part throttle. I haven't found this info so I'll try asking it here. I know 14.7:1 is what to shoot for while cruising and idling. Is it okay if you sometimes get into the 15s and low 16s AFR while slowing down when you take your foot off the gas or when you take off from a stop but are still keeping the rpms below 2500? Anyone know how to put a filter in the VE - AFR error to exclude anytime there's less than 10% TPS?

Here's a log from this morning. IATs got over 120* and AFR got high while in traffic. I got knock at 20:01

Attachment 40011
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 07-06-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    C.U. good point.
    IFR table doesnt make sense.
    Depending on which 61# seiments / deka you are using, and IF your stock rail pressure is at 58, your 0kpa should be starting around 71.5 OR at 72.9 if at 60psi rail pressure, not 60 that is in the table.
    Look at specs here for FI114961. at 300kpa (43.51psi) they flow 668cc (using n-heptane - different viscosity than gasoline).

with that being said, the Offset voltage also looks off and so does our Minimum Inj pulsewidth.

as mentioned earlier from 140° and up, your OL vs Coolant temp vs MAP table I would think should be 1.00 for all kpa.

Tuner
    I have changed it to 1.00 and tried doing a few runs. I got a lot of the VE table to be less than 1% using the VE- AFR error histogram going up to 3600 rpm. But I had to stop. When I would stop, edit, write and start the car back up my IATs were over 150* and the car had trouble holding idle for a few seconds. The AFR was in the 16s. I'm going to be getting the IAT out of the MAF and get a new charge pipe to get it away from the engine bay.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 07-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    sounds like heat soak.

have you verified the 60s used and the rail pressure reflect your IFR curve? your values do not seem correct.
    If your IFR is indeed incorrect, you are aware you are 'burning' the error into the VE table? This is bad practice if down the road you decide to change something, e.g. injectors. (if the IFR is proper, and your VE is tuned to the proper fueling, changing the value would be easy and would only have to change the IFR and injector characteristics (pulse adder etc), if its wrong, you have to redo VE and spark as well and maybe even RAF and others.