Thread: HELP! Rolling idle issue and running too rich at cold start up 01 camaro ls1

Potential Tuner

HELP! Rolling idle issue and running too rich at cold start up 01 camaro ls1

Hey guys new to the forum and tuning. Hope someone can help me here. I have a 2001 Chevy Camaro SS M6 that only occationally has a rolling idle issue where no matter how fast its rolling it will rev to sometimes 2k rpms and as high as 3.5k rpms. What ever it decides to rev to it will do that until I shut the car off over night then sometimes I drive it it doesn't have this issue. (no vacuum leaks search for months) Also ever since I unplugged the battery to change alternator my car if it sat over night or till it completely cooled off will bog down when I get it any kind of gas. Smells rich until it warms up then its fine. I've uploaded my tune can someone please help me out! I'm new to tuning as well. I will list my mods here as well sorry some are not relevant but its easier to copy and paste the list

Pacesetter 1 3/4 headers
    walbro 255 lph fuel pump
    new rings, crank and rod bearings
    ARP Rod Bolts
    QTT cam 232/236 .601/.601 112 LSA
    Lunati Lifters
    TSP 7.4" hardened push rods
    Cloyes billett timing chain
    Ported LS6 oil pump
    MLS head gaskets
    .241 head casting milled .010, valve job, bowl and throat blend
    PRC dual valve springs .675
    LS6 intake
    fast 42lb injectors
    all new engine gaskets and sensors
    ls2 style starter
    spec stage 2 clutch
    motive 4.10 gears
    rear end rebuilt with Ratech bearings

Original Tune from HP Performance - 2001 ss fans adjusted.hpt

just a scan log while idling
    first run.hpl
    Last edited by jirish; 07-02-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: attached a scan log

Potential Tuner
    or let me know if anything else is out of whack! thanks in advance everyone!

Potential Tuner
    anyone? I think I can handle the rolling idle issue using Russ K Config file but the cold start and hitting gas almost causing the car to die and run rich till it warms up I can't figure out what needs adjusted.

Advanced Tuner
    Your base running airflow for idle probably needs to be fixed. Run the Russ k config and get your #'s correct and then see how it works. When you do the Russ k config you need to start logging before you start car and do it from a cold start car sitting overnight and never touch the gas peddle until car is fully warmed up. Make sure you save log and then copy #'s from desired airflow in log into your base running airflow in the editor. You won't hit every cell so the ones you don't hit fill in with a # that looks correct.