Thread: 2007 Tahoe 5.3 writing has no effect.

Potential Tuner

2007 Tahoe 5.3 writing has no effect.

My first tune with HP, and I already searched the forum for answers. we are installing a 5.3 engine and trans into a 48 Cadillac. GM harness and controllers, TCM and ECM only. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for the vats/no write issue I am having. I was able to read, license, and write to the E38 ECM but to no effect. switched both Vats off in OS, and wrote entire. No injector pulse. I clam shelled fuel pump relay, rear O2 (missing) and evap diagnostic codes. Write entire - no change still logs codes, still no injector pulse.

I am not familiar with this program, but have searched all the menus and forum for any clue as to what I am doing wrong.

I did see a possibility that the ECM may not accept programming if it had been locked out by another program. I am not sure how to tell if this is the case, but I can say the program appears to successfully write each time.

Thanks for any input.

Potential Tuner
    Just a note - I emailed tech support and Bill was kind enough to look at my .HTP file.
    He confirmed that the vats was off. It turned out (embarrassingly enough) the injectors were all stuck. Goes to show never assume - I should have rechecked a little more thoroughly after each write. thanks again to Bill