Thread: anyone tune a bone stock 4.8 truck?

Advanced Tuner

anyone tune a bone stock 4.8 truck?

Tuned a 2012 silverado 4x4 4.8L truck the other other day....it's 100% stock with the exception of a muffler-back exhaust. I didn't do anything too crazy, just disabled torque management and firmed up the shifts a tad. The truck runs better but the kid that owns it was wondering why it still wouldn't "squeal the tires" since i tuned it. I didn't really have an answer for that...was wondering if anyone else had tuned a stock 4.8? Are they just that weak? I didn't ride in it before or after, just going off what he told me.

They are just that weak... I tuned a 2wd 4.8 cammed up a little with aftermarket stall and it would barely turn the tires over.

Advanced Tuner
    ok thanks, i figured this was the case...just wasn't sure.

Tuner in Training
    the 5.3's dont either... they have a lot of torque management all over the place to limit the ability of the truck to do a burnout... after house going thru everything, mine lights em up

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcleansmirc View Post
    the 5.3's dont either... they have a lot of torque management all over the place to limit the ability of the truck to do a burnout... after house going thru everything, mine lights em up
    Any help I have 07 stock 4.8 and want to tweak it ?