Thread: gmpp 6.2 525hp ls3 crate engine

Advanced Tuner

gmpp 6.2 525hp ls3 crate engine

if tuning is as hard as getting a file to upload i might be in throuble. but all i need is a lower idle . he caint use half of the power so thats not an issue but need it to idle lower . it stays 950 to 1000 no matter what i change

Advanced Tuner
    ok im gonna cut these braf by 50 percent in just the idle rpm range up to 1100rpms
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    and added 2 degrees of timing to my spark over the same range

Advanced Tuner
    ls3 3 1.hpt now i got this

Advanced Tuner
    i give up for today its a better day tommorow

If all you need is a tune to compare you might be able to download an LS3 tune from the repository.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

If you will look at my post (see attached link below) I have attached my calibration at the bottom. I think I committed a typical newbie mistake by asking too many questions in one post, hence zero responses.

Anyway, the tune is the GMPP factory calibration that comes with the GMPP controller package for the LS 376/480 crate engine. (I am guessing it is very similar to your crate engine, but less cam.) I have sort of the opposite problem--it tends to stall, i.e. idle is somewhat unstable, especially when the AC is on. Perhaps you can compare this to the tune you have to come up with some ideas. I have tried raising my target idle speed and minimum idle speed, without success. I have not messed with the BRAF yet, but I think it is considerably lower than yours, so perhaps the ideal is somewhere between the two. Hope this helps. Dan

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...eting-datalogs

Perhaps post a log of the problem and someone may be able to offer more help, also are you using the file that came with the engine? what throttle body does it have fitted?
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner
    well im not sure what vehicle and pcm you have but I put a ls376/480 into my 04 Silverado and im running the stock 04 Silverado pcm. my truck runs great and is my everyday driver, it has alittle issue with stalling when the engine hasn't warmed up but other than that its not too bad and smokes most vehicles on the road. I am going to post my tune file with saying this, it needs touch up here and there mainly with VE and trans shift points and use it at your own risk. 376maftuning tester1.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman167 View Post
    well im not sure what vehicle and pcm you have but I put a ls376/480 into my 04 Silverado and im running the stock 04 Silverado pcm. my truck runs great and is my everyday driver, it has alittle issue with stalling when the engine hasn't warmed up but other than that its not too bad and smokes most vehicles on the road. I am going to post my tune file with saying this, it needs touch up here and there mainly with VE and trans shift points and use it at your own risk. 376maftuning tester1.hpt
    oh and it idles around 800rpm. your ls3 has a bigger cam than mine so im sure you will need to bump your idle up a couple hundred rpm.