Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scaled tune vs. Custom OS SD tune

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    How stable the card-style MAF is? I mean, is it fine with boosted cars, but not that stable with high-overlap cams?

I don't have any evidence for this, just asking.
    You set the high RPM disable to a place where the PCM focuses more on the VE at low RPM. Doing this will eliminate the negative effects caused by overlap.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Custom OS

Adding the third dimension of boost greatly enhances the ability to properly fuel the vehicle when used properly. If I were on a bologna sandwich budget with filet mignon taste, I might hack up a stock OS, but in no way are the two even comparable. This will, I'm sure lead into a discussion of those who have "gotten away" with hacking the stock OS and while we can get away with it, it's not the best course of action in my opinion.

Thanks for this info. I don't mind spending another $100 to do it right for the OS. I like to go fast as you can tell by my other car but I also don't much care for blowing stuff up either (it can be expensive).

I appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with me on this subject and hopefully this thread will help others as well.

You can go to the custom OS AND still turn on the MAF, add a card-style MAF in a large pipe and retain all the benefits of both if you're willing to do the work.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.