Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where do you start if everything is changed and it will not run to get good logs?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wyochimneysweep View Post
    map wired correctly or incorrect map sensor?
    Map sensor is the same sensor that was in the prior setup that ran like a top. map wired correctly? its the stock wiring harness. (has not changed)
    basically had a procahrged setup on a LS6 prior, working like a charm, decided to forge it, and while out, change cam, and heads, oil pump...bullet proof and throw on a 3.55 pulley on the head unit.
    Injectors were the same... but fueling has changed to a return, but currently have the reference plugged and kept the old IFR, trying to get it to idle without human help.
    Last edited by smithers; 06-29-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smithers View Post
    I know how it SHOULD act, ive tuned several cars, but ive never come across this much 'strange' and dont know where to adjust. Open header still back on my mind causing false readings with the o2s
    Any car Ive ever done, at least was running prior.

Cam:
    281/289 115LSA with a 114 ILC
    ABDC is 74.5° close meaning 1° cam advance

It is a blower cam
    specd : 232 240 .595 .608 115lsa
    http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...d-Camshaft.htm

I wouldnt think a cam like this on 230cc intake AFR heads on a 347 would cause this extreme (no vac). 50kpa would make more sense.
    I live in a place, where I have to order seals, injectors to be tested, unlikely anywhere here. The injectors worked fine before, but sitting in plastic bags for 6 mo ... you never know I guess.
    I agree; with those parts it should have more vacuum or in other words, intake kpa should be around 50...60. I've tuned very similar combo with pretty much identical cam, size of the engine, about similar heads and so on.

How about the seal with MAP sensor?

Other possibility is your open headers, but those shouldn't affect your fueling at open loop (but may give false WB readings). Anyway, you already knew this.

I'm out of suggestions. Sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    well at 1600rpm its at 50kpa.
    lol

I just dont know where to start, it it tune or mechanical even...

Advanced Tuner
    Key On Engine Off (KOEF), what's your kpa value?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Key On Engine Off (KOEF), what's your kpa value?
    where I live, its typically ~90kpa.

I just pulled a plug, its black! so must be rich, unless that was from the time of the adjusting VE...regardless...

I have BRE7s installed, do you know if small gap would cause this? probably not, but thought I would ask.
    Either my wideband AND my drivers side narrow band are shot, OR open header is an issue with reading. Im going to go with the latter.
    so getting the exhaust to a pipe, then muffler may fix this issue...

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if it is a plug issue, but I doubt.

Anyway, just remember to let everyone know what is or was the issue.

That's all I would like you to do. Too often these kind of threads will just end...without explanation. We all try to help, but we don't learn without feedback. And pro's may not even bother.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    I don't know if it is a plug issue, but I doubt.

Anyway, just remember to let everyone know what is or was the issue.

That's all I would like you to do. Too often these kind of threads will just end...without explanation. We all try to help, but we don't learn without feedback. And pro's may not even bother.
    will do!
    I am going to do the following:
    already have the FAST intake off, purchasing NEW port seals.
    towing to an exhaust shop and getting the exhaust put together, I dont trust the o2s so close to the open collector.

The MAP sensor is mint, all other sensors are mint, there is nothing out of the ordinary with everything off on the top.

Im a bit ticked as the engine sheet was explicit in saying do not run rich during initial break-in. and it probably was. hopefully the AP steel rings are fine still.

Advanced Tuner
    Update:

Open Headers Definitely messed around with the Wideband sensor -lesson learned.
    Closing the exhaust gave proper feedback information and found idle was lambda .82. (vs the --- lean before).

The Fast Gaskets were also flattened and new ones were much thicker, Good idea to replace on the FAST intake.

Simply gave adaptive idle ability on cold start up just to give a direction, then idle config logged desired air flow and STITs, and found I required ~2.5g/sec on the RAF through the operating temps. (bit more on colder)
    Idles perfect and mean!
    Vac ~61kpa