Thread: Fear of going Turbo, because of injectors & injector data

Fear of going Turbo, because of injectors & injector data

yeah that's right, id be turboed right now if it wasn't for the scare of installing new injectors with out knowing the injector data and or IF or which injectors come with data.. i see it far too much every1 having problems with installing new injectors... ugh boo on this .. lol neways yeah, so i read somewhere i could get like a junked buick supercharged v6 injectors out of two cars, and get the pcm and read the injector data ? something about the injectors being 45lbs.. neways how much boost can run with the stock LQ4 injs ? do new injectors come with the data ? sigh.. i want turbo truck i want turbo truck ..

Senior Tuner
    Best Injectors with Best Data seems to be "Injector Dynamics"
    But they are not cheap.

Injector Dynamics will take the uncertainty out of the equation.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    injectors are not your only issue that you will face, safest way is have a fuel system that is boost referenced
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Well iv been studying up on how to turbo a LS series engine over the last year and i always come back to the injectors being my main worry, im not big on the green stuff, so spending 3 or 400 on injectors and not be able to have the correct data for them, is very worrisome, wouldn't think you could just say O opps sorry these injectors wont work for me cause i can't figure out how to install them, can i have my money back, lol haha.

but yeah.. so iv got everything else covered pretty much..

Though, can't i just bump up the fuel psi on the stock 24injs and get enough to boost to like 6 or so psi maybe ? i know i know, but im willing to try anything for the cheap, just to get started with a turbo on my truck.. The problem with my 2004 model is the FPR is in the tank on the fuel pump, so no simple vacuum line fuel pressure bump method. So was thinking if i got a helper pump, and bumped the fuel pressure from 58 to like 70 or whatever it takes to flow enough for some baby boost .. ?
    Last edited by Monty; 06-27-2013 at 06:59 PM.

If you're going to install a turbo setup on your truck, fuel pumps and injectors should be one of your lesser worries. Pumps are easy to setup and so are injectors compared to building an entire turbo system. Do you really know what it takes to turbo your truck after a whole year of research? check out www.ls1tech.com and www.performancetrucks.net. There is so much good, useful info out there that should take most of the guesswork out of it. I am eager to boost mine too, I would do it right now if I wasn't in the money saving process. Less than 1 year ago I wasn't even planning on upgrading my 4.8l Silverado and look where I am now. Just got my built 402 running last month.

Also, I got some cheap, used injectors from forum classifieds and was able to google most of the information I needed. And as it turns out, racetronix are one of the worst to dial in.
    Last edited by cpolaris502; 06-27-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    1999 Chevy Blazer w/L31 5.7l Vortec and 0411 PCM.
    2005 Turbocharged Chevy Silverado Iron Block forged 402ci, 224/228/112 cam, 9.1:1, 1000cc FIC inj., Precision PT88, 4l80E/HD2, CircleD 3,200 E85 780whp/680wtq

The thing is, i can picture in my mind everything, upgrading to 2bar OS, boost enrichment, PE, VE, installing 2bar map, building the piping, running oil feeds, building and welding up hot side, bov, fuel pump and what not, Except injector data.. Injector data scares the poo outta me.. seems there has to be a way to use stock injectors, or what if i just bore out the stock injectors, would i have to change any of the data ?
    Last edited by Monty; 06-28-2013 at 05:09 AM.