Thread: 06 Vette Edelbrock Eforce supercharger 599hp kit Can you check my log. DC maxed?

Tuner in Training

06 Vette Edelbrock Eforce supercharger 599hp kit Can you check my log. DC maxed?

Hi all, Im kind of a newb with tuning.. I used to mess with tunercats and datamaster on my old LT1 car wich gave me an intro to tuning, Now today Im messing with an ls2 Eforce SC corvette.

The Edelbrock supercharger kit is the 599 fwhp kit with the tuner.
    the car is an 06 ls2 corvette with long tubes and full exhaust. The Edelbrock included tune was junk on this car in particular (lean no timing, surging slow to get back to idle etc) I guess cuz the full exhaust made it breath a lot better.. Well i took the EB tune and modified it data logging it till it put out safer numbers, I currently got it to a point where I cam street tune it.

Can you tell me what you think about the data? Looks like the Duty percent is maxing out also not sure whats going on with that (edelbrock supplied the injectors with the kit.) Do you think this tune looks ok? she runs great and pulls hard now. Im just not sure about the duty cycle. maybe they gave me the wrong injectors? the kit never supplied a fp regulator. just the LS7 fuel pump..

edited, added my current tune file, i redownloaded someone elses eforce 599 tune and got mixed it after comparing with a procharged ls7 file and modified untill i liked it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CamaroRick; 06-21-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: adding config as requested

You should post your configuration file too. This will allow me/us to see your LOG as you do. To save time post the tune too. The tune I received was corrupt because of a defective SCT Hand held tuner. Your tune may be screwed up too. I can check it for you. If you are new to HP Tuners I can send you a very good configuration file.

I also have a 2006 LS2 A6 with Edelbrock E-Force 599 HP kit.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I posted my config and the tune

I think this is the file i pulled off the sct programmed comp
    Last edited by CamaroRick; 06-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I was able to see almost everything I needed but not everything I would like to see. I really need to see your config file.

Looks like you have a stick car, correct? Timing is retarded leaving a lot of HP on the table. Your boost looks very high compared to mine. I suspect it is because of the timing. The injector duty cycle is over 90%. Mine is around 85% to 88%. Maybe you are running a little fatter than me. Anyway, most people will tell you to keep your duty cycle below 80% but I don't think it is an issue until you ask for more than it can give.

I would be happy to send you a tune for an A6.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Take a look at these. The LOG is an example of the timing only. I'm using a larger pulley on that run and I don't have a decent hard pull LOG with the 3-1/2" pulley. You can do some cut and paste but if you do watch your KR closely.

126 1 Tune gas mileage.hpt
    My Main Configuration.cfg
    112 4 Log eighth mile.hpl
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    is this the config you need?

Tuner in Training
    Here is another log. i really dont think it will take any more timing i could take some fuel out. i dont wanna go out of safe tho.

Sorry, I would get back to you sooner if I could get this forum to notify me via email. Never has worked for me for some reason.

Ok, a few things here. You have to make sure you have the latest version of HP Tuners. Go to the download page to get it.It will automatically install.

Next look at my configuration file I posted and install it in your scanner or install those PID's. Your MAF sensor has been scaled by 25% so some readings will be off. I need to see the O2 sensors and the LTFT's, throttle pos, load etc. Most importantly I need to see the knock sensors. Also, I want you to measure your SC pulley. Should be 3-1/2 inches in diameter. Seems like you are making more boost than normal.

Also, you might ask the moderator to move this thread to the Gen 4 section where you could get more help than just me.

Just a note the last LOG you posted had some pretty fast street driving. All I need to see are pulls to 70 mph or so. Lets be safe.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the replies. I am running version 2.24.132. The sc pully is 3.5" the crank is a professional products suposidly oem size 7.5" ill measure it to double check.
    I have my ngk wideband 02 in the right front o2 bung with the sensor removed. I started with the edelbrock file which had hardly any timing, I swapped tables from another supercharged file and backed it down everywhere i saw some kr.

should I unhook the wideband and reinstall the right o2 to check the ltft?

Excellent! Your version is newer than mine. Looks like I'm due for an update.

Your boost is outstanding and at least 2 lbs higher than mine for some reason. Depending on the weather temps and humidity my boost rarely hits 8 lbs. which I have always considered normal. My injector duty cycle maxes at 89% to 90%. I would like to see how much air your engine is processing. If you would include a cylair (g/cyl) to your chart it might explain your maxed out injectors. Mine maxes out at about 1.00 g/cyl (remember our MAF is skewed around 25%).

I wish this thread was in the GEN 4 section. There are more people there that can help you. Click the triangle below your name and ask to have it moved. That might work.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    here is a log with the wideband removed and the o2's LT and ST Fuel trims

Hi Guys
    sorry for out of the topic but i have eforced A6 vette as well, currently working on custom tune. Just wondering how does your engine accept revs on idle? For me when in neutral or parked i cant freely rev the engine, sometimes it looks it doesnt wanna go over 4k rpm ( just like in rented cars, torque managment?)) it lags for sec or so then after depressing the pedal and pressing it again i can rev higher, but not to the redline as in hptuners. Just wondering if its tune related or mechanical issue.Thanks
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttbestas View Post
    Hi Guys
    sorry for out of the topic but i have eforced A6 vette as well, currently working on custom tune. Just wondering how does your engine accept revs on idle? For me when in neutral or parked i cant freely rev the engine, sometimes it looks it doesnt wanna go over 4k rpm ( just like in rented cars, torque managment?)) it lags for sec or so then after depressing the pedal and pressing it again i can rev higher, but not to the redline as in hptuners. Just wondering if its tune related or mechanical issue.Thanks
    Luckily for you these cars are set to not rev higher than that in park or neutral. Why would you want to ruin an engine by doing that !!
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

sorry never had auto tranny before, all my manual cars could rev up to the limiter no problem. Its just nice to hear engine sound this way, when there is no load on the engine i doubt you can make damage to it by reving to redline...
    please let me know if im wrong though.
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttbestas View Post
    sorry never had auto tranny before, all my manual cars could rev up to the limiter no problem. Its just nice to hear engine sound this way, when there is no load on the engine i doubt you can make damage to it by reving to redline...
    please let me know if im wrong though.
    I don't want to hijack this thread so after this you should start a new one for this topic if you want. If you look at "cutoff vs gear" in the tune you will see that in park and neutral it is set to 4100 (if my memory is right). Reving an engine with no load is not good for it.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Great, glad to see you have moved this over to the GEN 4 section. Now you will get help from more experienced tuners.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    So through some act of splicing and modifying the tune file ive got the afr around 12.0 where i want it i think... But the LTFT wants to lean it out, how do i properly fix this? it could be leaner off of the throttle tho..

Your LTFT's should not effect your WOT Power enrichment. LTFT's look at your O2 sensors and try to adjust for 14.7/1 for cruising. If your LTFT's are way out of adjustment they could affect your PE at WOT though.

WOT power enrichment is adjusted >Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Power Enrichment. In this table you will see a multiplier. Stroich is your desired AFR and is equal to "1". In this table you can make adjustments to Stroich for WOT. Notice the numbers are greater than "1" which means you are adding gas as a percentage.

To adjust LTFT's >Engine>Air Flow>General>MAF Calibration>Air Flow high table and Air Flow low table. You will need a create a histogram to view your LTFT's. Look at my Config file histogram #11 and #12. If the data you record is negative by -2% you will need to lower the values in the MAF curve by this amount. However it is good practice to only lower the value by 1/2 the percentage at a time. If the data in the histogram is high than do the opposite. Your are shooting for zero but if you can get it +/-2% that would be pretty good! ALSO, smooth the MAF curve after you make adjustments to it. The curve should look like a curve!!!
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Man I dialed in the ltft's perfect and leaned it out a bit to 11.6 afr WOT, and got the spark right. Thanks for the help buddy