Thread: Pulling timing on part thottle shift 2010 Automoatic Camaro

Tuner

Pulling timing on part thottle shift 2010 Automoatic Camaro

The 2010 Camaro (automatic) I'm tuning pulls out a lot of timing during light load part throttle shifts. The car has a loose converter so the rpms don't drop much at all after the upshift, but the timing drops a LOT -for example from 35 deg. to -1 deg. - and you can hear and feel the car bog dug down during the shift.

Where in the tune can I find the settings to adjust this?

I tried a search but the search results I'm finding refer to shutting off torque management completely. I don't know if that is safe, and anyway I'm looking to improve part throttle feel, not trying to find an extra 0.10 second in the 1/4 mile.

Datalog attached. You can see an example of the timing being pulled out at 7 seconds into the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by realspeeddan; 06-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Tuner
    If you go to
    Spark-Advance-Spark Minimum Redpower
    Probably it will say -15 across the board.
    Change it to +5 to see if it's better.

Torque management is what is pulling the timing even during part throttle shifts. If you want to put a limit on it in general you can do it by setting the Spark-Advance-Minimum Final TqMgt table to 5 or 10 or what ever gets rid of the bogging.

Spark minimum Redpower will only limit timing pulled if the engine goes into reduced power mode.