Thread: VCM Editor CRASH under Bluecat Tool

Tuner in Training

VCM Editor CRASH under Bluecat Tool

Hi,

I have been trying to get the tables copied out of the editor following the Bluecat tool procedure, but the editor crashes before I am able to finish. Sometimes the "right click popup" won't even show, but 99 times out of 100, the editor will crash on either the 2nd or 3rd table. I have only been able to get through the whole procedure one time. I am on my second VE iteration, but the editor continues to crash at some point during the copy table period. I have tried probably 25 to 30 times. This is quickly becoming frustrating. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

I am using version 2.24 of the editor (latest released version), and v4.1.3 of Bluecat. Is there something I am missing? Any suggestions?

- Bill Hooper
    Best Regards,

-Bill Hooper
    2004 CTS-V
    R.I.P 1998 426HP GTP

bumping old thread. I'm having the same problem. How'd you fix this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rio95 View Post
    bumping old thread. I'm having the same problem. How'd you fix this?
    There's a later version, 4.2.2. Also, I found similar behaviour, I copied only one table at at time, e.g. open table, copy row data, then close table, repeat for the remaining tables.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    There's a later version, 4.2.2. Also, I found similar behaviour, I copied only one table at at time, e.g. open table, copy row data, then close table, repeat for the remaining tables.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4

I'm already using 4.2.2. though.....

I'll try copying the data like you described. I was just right clicking on the table buttons and clicking copy table.

I've got this to work, but only a few times. I've crashed dozens though. Not sure why it works sometimes.

I just downloaded the latest release, and same thing for me. Got through it once, and then repeated crashes. I have the older 3.5 at home, and it still works! For now, I'll just use it...

Have you used the new beta version of HP Tuners?

I had the same problem and ended up uninstalling all versions of HP Tuners on my computer and reinstalling only the latest 2.24 version (non-beta) and it worked after that. I never did figure out what was causing the issue.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same problem, mine use to work now crash's when right clicking on the tables. Might try a delete and down load again.

Yeah I can't get it to work at all anymore.. which royally sucks since I just got a car that uses a virtual VE table two days ago, lol

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Have you guys updated your HPT version or any other change since it working to now not working? I used to get all sorts of failures on early versions of the BlueCat, but since version 4.x I haven't had much more than the occasional glitch. Im using HPT 2.24.9xx and it worked well this past week. It makes me not want to keep updating my 2.24 as I really quite like the BlueCat tool and don't want to stumble across incompatibility if it exists with later versions of 2.24/5. I generally use the standard OS even though the EnhOS is free these days. Using a MAF with lambda error to create a VE and then back calc the coefficients I've found very reliable and very good outcome when going back to blended SD/MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    Have you guys updated your HPT version or any other change since it working to now not working? I used to get all sorts of failures on early versions of the BlueCat, but since version 4.x I haven't had much more than the occasional glitch. Im using HPT 2.24.9xx and it worked well this past week. It makes me not want to keep updating my 2.24 as I really quite like the BlueCat tool and don't want to stumble across incompatibility if it exists with later versions of 2.24/5. I generally use the standard OS even though the EnhOS is free these days. Using a MAF with lambda error to create a VE and then back calc the coefficients I've found very reliable and very good outcome when going back to blended SD/MAF.
    I'm using 2.24.1111 now but I think a little older version would probably work better, but I'm not 100% sure. I may try to find an old download or something to see if I can get it working with an older version of HPT

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I figured out a workaround. When importing the tables be sure to open each, close it, and then select copy table. Not opening each of them first causes it to crash almost every time.

Tuner in Training
    Also, I found similar behaviour, I copied only one table at at time, e.g. open table, copy row data, then close table, repeat for the remaining tables.
    I figured out a workaround. When importing the tables be sure to open each, close it, and then select copy table. Not opening each of them first causes it to crash almost every time.
    Isn't that what I mentioned?

haha yes it is. I forgot that it was this thread where you suggested that.

Thanks for the help! That was a very irritating issue!

Thanks!! That worked great for me. I was getting pretty frustrated.. I've still had VCM Editor crash a time or two, but at least it's usable now

Thanks.. that worked great for me!

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock