Thread: Can not get OL in idlle using STFT with SD

Can not get OL in idlle using STFT with SD

Having the usual idle problems with a SD tune and OL with STFT. I have a cam with high overlap and it comes down to an idle perfectly coming to a stop in pure OL reading a higher AFR than stoich. With STFT enabled in OL it runs very rich and dies or hunts coming to a stop. I want to run OL with STFT only above idle. I read the threads where you change tables so from 800-1,200 RPM you command PE with 0 throttle position at idle it is supposed to go into OL. It doesn't though and actually goes very rich. Some table is over-riding it but I have no idea as it does OL PE fine at high RPM. I have a '04 GTO LS1 so it has the "Australian computer" with lean cruise and such so I don't know if there is something different there. I am also running the HPT custom SD programming if that makes any difference. It has me scratching my head.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

No help huh? This is driving me crazy. I've attached a new tune. The one above had STFT in OL which of course wouldn't work. There has to be some way of getting OL idle and STFT driving or am I just stuck running OL all the time?
    Attached Files Attached Files

your pe enable>map enable is set to 15 kpa. I think this should work but try changing it to 50 or so and see if this fixes it. I had problems with one tune not going into OL at idle too and I had to mess with this setting. can't remember exactly what I did though.
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 06-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.

I'll give it a shot although it would seem an earlier PE enabling would kick it into open loop easier. I posted on an Australian board as I know that a lot of them run SD and they may have had an answer. The only answers I've gotten both on theirs and the US boards are to use EFILIVE as they have a method to do it and they don't think HPT can.

Give this a try and see if PE takes over.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    OL STFT needs to be disabled.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Give this a try and see if PE takes over.
    That did not work with or without STFT in OL using those settings. Seeing the car goes to open loop at WOT from the PE throttle position sensor settings but not at idle with "0" PE throttle position set from 0-1,200. Something over rides it. It's like it can go richer at WOT but it won't allow it to go leaner and in fact makes it go very rich.

Give this a try. With PE enrich set it like this and see if it will use the open loop table.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by c.u; 06-28-2013 at 07:54 PM.