Thread: Very High AFR Error in PE

Tuner

Very High AFR Error in PE

Since 2.24 came out I decided to get back into running some checkup scans on my car. Good thing I did, I came across a weird occurrence of having a very high AFR Error while in PE. Attached are the scan and two screen shots that show the occurrence happening as well as the scan (frames 2753, 3700)

My question is per the scan this looks like fuel starvation correct and I should begin to look at the fuel pump and filter?

Or is there anything in 2.24 that might have changed since the last release to cause this? I did read in the pcm into 2.24 and then did a write calibration for a change to the idle speed.
    Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

Tuner
    Figured out the problem. The intake hose after the maf was lose and not sealing properly. A few turns of the screwdriver and the scans are back to normal.
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

thats scary lean!
    No matter what the question is, the answer is always MORE HORSEPOWER!!

Tuner
    Sure was.. I noticed it at first on my wideband and then the laptop confirmed it. I would have been pi$$ed if I chipped a piston as I just finished rebuilding the heads on that car.