Thread: I need help with my cobalt lnf 2010

Tuner in Training

I need help with my cobalt lnf 2010

hello, I need help with my 2010 cobalt ss tc, I have a Catless downpipe badmad and custom EXHAUST with Varex and stock programing and it runs poorly. I go to a tuner in two weeks and I have need of my car waiting and I have not the stock downpipe. I wanted to know why the computer reacted as his. I'd like to show you my scan but I did not find how to insert file. the engine seems to run too rich and has missed at times, sometimes to put out as idle. I try to disable my code bank 1 sensor 2 and not change anything. thank you in advance and I apologize for the mistakes, my English is very basic

Charles

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    your factory tune has what has been nicknamed by the hptuners group the boost nanny.
    this boost nanny closes the lid on the cookie jar every time we try to take one...
    in depth:
    the ecu recognizes parts have been changed but the sensors like the maf sensor are calibrated for a specific diameter of tubing and by varying the tubing before it causes the calibration to be skewed.
    since in the lnf the maf sensor has tons of say on fueling its most likely out of calibration for the diameter tubing you currently have it sitting in and thus you have a lot of fuel being dumped in to compensate.
    the boost will climb with bolt ons like a down pipe or intercooler upgrade but unless you fully disable the turbocharger limits and traction control the factory file will perform whats called a boost limiter to save the turbine journal bearings. this boost limiter is also referred to by other owners as a learn down function. it see's the turbo flow is increasing which means turbine shaft speed goes up and it closes the throttle plate to limit the amount of air going in or as ive seen many times before, it will move the cams for overlap lowering boost pressure more.

if you found a tuner that knows what hes doing id say within 4 flashes you will have a flat boost curve with good afr and mild timing getting ready for camshaft optimization for the next couple (15 ish reflashes) and increase timing to achieve a final result. do not let them make it richer than 12.6 afr under boost as anything lower will be a bandaid to obtaining higher timing values.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    run test job 2 avec tune 1.5.2.hplChevrolet cobalt LNF ( Moi ) 1.5.2 ( o2 off ).hpt it's my test run and my tune , how to fix it so that it works well in daily drive

Tuner in Training
    I also have a P2227 cel

try this tune and vcm scanner configuration file.
    copy and paste to your tune file then perform a save as so you can revert if you have problems.
    then make sure you scan the vehicle with the new .cfg file to make sure you are safe

p2227 is barometric sensor so unless you have a wiring issue that sensor is broken

if you have time i recommend watching the lnf videos. you can access them through the link in my signature below
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    thank you very much I already start to look at your post on Inf. the sensor in question is what is the same as the sensors gm stage 1 ? because I have the zzp upgrade intercooler kit with piping and maf relocate ,sensor gm stage 1 and K & N short ram that I installed a day before tunning...I hate to see the difference from my old tft tune.

the baro sensor is not gm stage 1 sensor.
    gm stage 1 sensors are located in two different locations.
    1) dead center on the topside of the intake manifold would be a 4 wire map sensor which will have 3 of 4 wires connected to the harness. in the vcm scanner this will be labeled as "map sensor"
    2) on the charge pipe leaving the intercooler by your maf relocate before the throttle body there will be an identical sensor except all 4 wires will be connected. (the 4th wire is for intake air temperature sensor built into the map sensor) in the vcm scanner this will be labeled as "boost lo res" and we reference this sensor for finding our maximum boost as we adjust the wgdc and other tables to achieve our desired boost level.

the baro sensor will be located in the engine bay near some sort of fresh air path, usually u find them mounted on firewalls/fenders, or near air gaps up by the radiator area. id have to reference my technical manual to tell you exactly where its at.

in vcm scanner u will see 2 air temperature sensors labeled as IAT 1 and IAT 2. IAT 1 is actually built into the maf sensor and in its factory location reports the temperature of the incoming atmospheric air charge. IAT 2 is the Boost lo res i talked about earlier and it reports the air temperature after it is heated by boost and cooled some by the intercooler. this is crucial to determining the actual manifold air density. with the maf sensor reporting pre-turbo the ecu can use the temp value to calculate intercooler efficiency and turbo charger compressor efficiency to help with torque mapping which the lnf is famous for as it tends to piss people off more than being a cool feature helping us out lol. with your maf relocate expect the two IAT values to be identical or very very close to one another.

Tuner in Training
    relocate the maf is a good or bad thing? if it is better to leave to its original location, I will leave to its location because I think it is not relocating to calculate the air is evacuate the bov (tial Q). If it is not relocated, leaving a rich roll between two speeds, Will there be another side effect?

if you have a bov that has an atmospheric release the maf must be located after the bov thus why they put it in the charge pipe they do.
    if the maf reads the air going in and you decelerate opening the bov to atmospheer it will vent a lot of air. since the maf already calculated for that air the engine runs super rich when not all the accounted for air enters the motor. putting it after the bov lets the maf account for all the air that makes it past the bov thus letting the maf sensor account for all air that actually enters the engine.

its not necessarily a bad thing to relocate. plenty of people make great power doing so. but in my mind with new technology like the efr and its super efficient re-circulation system the bov is not really needed unless your boosting massive amounts of pressure with an over sized turbocharger.

Tuner in Training
    road test 3.0.hpl

here is the scan of the tune that you send me, it still seems to run very rich and the engine has yet to miss: :s boost leak mayby

Tuner in Training
    today, I reinstalled my k & n sri and look if there is a boost leak. p0100 P0102 and P2227 as code.

dude you may have installed you maf sensor backwards.. make sure the arrow is pointing in the direction the incoming air is flowing.

Tuner in Training
    the arrow points to the turbo well