Thread: OS systems

Tuner in Training

OS systems

Hello everyone, im new to hp tuners and am just getting started to play with my 07 duramax. My question is how can I be certain that the OS of a tune from the bin registry will match the one in my truck. I ask because I downloaded a tune from the registry and when I go to load it on the truck it says the OS systems do not match??

My truck is a 07 duramax 2500hd classic LBZ engine, the tune I load is from a 06 with the lbz I thought they would be the same?

Tuner in Training
    I had that happen when my truck got a new flash from the dealer. Most of the tables are probably the same, what you can do is open the file you got from the repository using the "compare" feature. Then you can compare tables and copy info from one file to the other so it will have the correct OS version.

Save your ECM read to a file and then copy that file to a new one. Rename it so you know it's not the stock tune. Open the new copied file and then once you have it up you can click on the compare drop-down. Click on open compare file then find the file you got from the repository.

Once you have them open go back to the compare drop-down. Click on "View Comparison log" and that will show you the differences between the two tunes. To copy all the settings you can just right-click the section (engine, or sub-sections if that is all you want to copy) and then click "copy over differences".

I usually leave the trans section alone since I have it re-learn after flashing a tune. The re-learn is done through the VCM scanner while the truck is running.

Look up the compare feature and it should explain more on how to use it. I don't know it well enough to explain everything but hopefully this helps.

Hop

Tuner in Training
    That's about what I was thinking on doing, just copy the differnces onto a new stock file. Thanks for the helpful reply, so just to be clear once I have them open to compare I just right click engine and click "copy over differences"?