Thread: cant write pcm

Advanced Tuner

cant write pcm

Hello! Anyone knows what my problem could be? I was trying to tune my brothers truck(03 Silverado) that he recently bought, and i was able to read the pcm and modify it, but i cant write anything into it. Anyone know what that could be? Apparently theres a programmer installed into it (a handheld maybe or something) and i was wondering if thats the problem. Maybe the programmer locked the pcm or something? When im trying to write on the pcm a window comes up and says that i have no credits to perform this action, but im sure i already used credits on that pcm.
    Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    post info log

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you were able to read & license the file and just not write to the pcm it sounds like the pcm might have a custom operating system applied to it.

In any even as planethax mentioned either post an infolog & screenshot of the error or simply email support and we should be able to assist you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Okay thank you very much for offering help. I think i got the problem. The lock status on the ecm is "OS locked". So im guessing that i just need to reflash the pcm and then i will be able to write on it,right? Am i still going to be able to use the same credits(considering the vin number doesnt change)?