Thread: First time tuner needing help

Tuner in Training

First time tuner needing help

I am learning to tune slowely, for this first tune I wanted to have someone else do it.

He is still working on it, but I wanted to get some info from others as to whats going on.

The car idles fantastic, runs great. The last two starts were actually alittle tougher, where it chugged up from 450rpm or so up to the 600 something it sits at.

When driving, if you give it more than 25% throttle and the truck starts to build power, it just cuts out. and the truck falls on its face.

Attached are two short logs i have and the cfg files used to record the logs.00Fbody.2bar.AF.WB.cfgshorrt ride 2.hplshort drive.hpl

I just got these logs over to my tuner today as well, I wont be making any changes till i hear first from them. I'm just hoping someone here can see somewhat of whats going on, and shed some light on my issue...

The tuner acknowledges that its not working right, but hes not explaining any reason as to why, and If Im going to be doing any of this on my own I would REALLY like a few pointers to get me going in the right direction please.

thanks!
    Tony B
    02 TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2/4l60e
    01 2500 suburban 6.0/4l80e
    01 2500 suburban 8.1/4l80e

Tuner
    Was unable to open your files BUT the first thing you need to do is get a different tuner. No competent tuner is going to return your vehicle in this kind of shape.

Tuner in Training
    mail order tune...

I was scared that was the case. He and I had some rough patches over the state of the tune too, I got alittle peeved with him. He seems to be working hard to help figure it out tho

Weird i dont see my files posted on here!? Ill repost them today and link to them.
    Tony B

Senior Tuner
    1, Your Lean
    2, your IAT is maxed at -39

Tuner in Training
    Both my fault, and neither are fully true...

This is in a 2000 Silverado, i did not put the IAT sensor back in yet, didnt know how important it was!

I was getting lean readings... My exhaust ended just inches after the w/b sensors. I finished up the exhaust going back and numbers are closer now.

I got another one to try and flash, Ill post results

Thanks!
    Tony B

Senior Tuner
    IAT makes a big difference, get that in and working before logging.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    IAT makes a big difference, get that in and working before logging.
    Got myself an fbody iat (seems to be same iat over tons of gms) and a wiring pigtail to go in tonight
    Tony B