Thread: 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV L92 Fuel Injectors.

Potential Tuner

Question 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV L92 Fuel Injectors.

I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV with the L92 with a Gwatney LLT1 VVT 21x/22x .55x/.55x 113+8 cam " might be upgrading to a bigger cam in the spring ", K&N cool air intake, new o2 sensors front- rear disabled, and a Corsa cat back exhaust. When I was driving around the other day I started getting injector circuits open on my display. I did the checks of all the wiring and such finding no issues.

My question is with me getting ready to add 1 7/8 headers and a catless down pipe to the mix and the age of the injectors, should I throw some bigger ones in just to be safe. I have a set of 540CC FIC injectors from a past build that are almost new that I can swap in.
    I was looking at my data logs and will post them here also, but honestly I'm just a little confused where I would be at. 9-25-2021 Driving.hplAfter Tune Upgrade.hpl

If I forgot any information let me know and I will do my best to fill in the blanks.

What is your injector duty cycle at near redline? That data log only went as far as 4,000rpm and it was only at 60%.

If you are able to stay around 90% duty cycle you will still have enough injector. I don't see you needing to upgrade even if you put on long tube headers.

Your data log is also missing knock retard which is a very important channel. I saw a few timing dips under load and it might be from knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    9-26-2021 Added Knock Retard graph .hpl Mark Fitch Escalade GPI Base.hpt
    I added the graph and did a few pulls this evening.

Thank you for the help thus far very much appreciated.

EDIT: added tune file also
    Last edited by MF2003; 09-26-2021 at 01:45 AM.

Do you have a wideband oxygen for tuning installed? Just looking at your o2 sensors, they are slowly getting lower as rpm rise so that is something to watch.

You're only at 75-76% duty cycle but you aren't going that high in the rpm. That camshaft will make power well past 6,000rpm. If you let it go past 6,100-6,200 you will run out of head room. So I would probably get larger injectors from a later model 6.2 that is flex fuel. Those are 52lb/hr or you could get 6.0 flex fuel injectors because those are 50lb/hr. All the data would be plug and play with either of those.

Power enrichment needs to come in sooner, lower the pedal enable to 60-65% and not 87%.

Make sure fueling is good all over and then see if that is why there is a decent amount of knock retard happening.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I just got a wideband delivered this morning as a matter of fact. Depending on the weather I am going to try and get it setup this weekend

Yes the cam will go above 6k, i have my normal shift points set lower than tap up/tap down. My last log I was watching what you said on injectors and at just over 6200 the fuel injector duty shot up just like you said. So the new injectors will need to be installed before I go E85 or higher RPMs.

I did more PE down to 65% and clean up some of the fueling when I was logging.

Granted when I was pulling the old injectors I found 4 of them that looked horrible and almost plugged up. One of them was giving up as she stunk like burned electrical.

Thanks for the help this far. I am at a stand still until my old butt gets some time to make some repairs/upgrades.

Have a great weekend.