Thread: p0101 code help

Tuner in Training

p0101 code help

I am new to tuning and I have an 04 Silverado with a 5.3 it has a tr224 cam long tubes offroad y pipe into a single 3" magnaflow race muffler K&N cold air intake and has been running real good till last week. I left work and it was raining really hard my drive home is 28 miles from work about 8 miles into my drive the torque converter unlocked (3200 rpm circle d stall) but I did not notice any loss in power but it was raining the converter never did go into lock up when I got off the hwy I did notice that it was missing a little and popping out the exhaust under acceleration got home and hooked up HPtuners and looked at everything I had the p0101

I cleared the code and started the truck and with in a few minutes the CL came on with the same code p0101 so the next day I took the maf sensor off and cleaned it very careful not to damage the elements checked all the wiring to the maf sensor all seems ok checked for air leaks at the map sensor and intake manifold all is good reinstalled the maf sensor after it had dried for a hour or so started the truck and after a few minutes the CL came on and guess what p0101 was back so I figured with all the rain maybe the maf sensor got wet and it was bad I bought a new one and installed it cleared the code started the truck still has the same miss and does not rev smooth and fast as it did prior to the issue and the p0101 code is back. I am not sure what it is I don't want to damage the motor and drive it much but I did log a little drive and the maf sensor is reading like it has in a previous log I am lost my stft are all over the place and the truck is running rich I pulled the plugs ngk tr55 and they looked ok but changed them anyway any ideas here is my last log maf scan.hpl
    Last edited by Rob01ss; 06-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just so you know your speed (VSS) isn't working that could be causing your problem.

Tuner in Training
    I don't want to look stupid but I don't see it VSS my speedo is working on the dash and my shift points are not jacked up

Advanced Tuner
    When i was looking at your log it wasn't showing any speed. Not sure why that was happening.

Tuner in Training
    Was the truck sitting and idling? It wasn't until frame 1647 that there was a speed logged. I think that a good check of the grounds and connections may be a good place to start. Has the rain stopped and the condition changed?
    Corey McCarthy
    2005 2500 HD: 8100 and 4.10's Stock so far
    2000 Venture: Stock

Tuner in Training
    yeah it was idling for a few minutes then I drove it.
    Yeah the rain has stopped the problem is still there this weekend I am going to pull the ECM and check all connections to it make sure they are dry and ohm out the wiring for the MAF sensor I will post up if I find anything

Senior Tuner
    You don't have a MAF wiring problem. P0101 is a predicted air flow diagnostic. Under Engine Diagnostics > Airflow > Maximum Delta Airflow - P0101 Error, multiply the entire table by 4 and see if that cures your problem.

Tuner in Training
    2xLS1
    I did what you said and the p0101 code is now gone but p0300 is now my problem and it is misfiring runs like crap I have already changed the plugs not sure what the problem is I did not have this problem before all this took place looks like I may get to try out my .50 bmg soon

Tuner in Training
    Do you still have cats?? MAybe plugged?

Tuner in Training
    no cats #3 seems to be my problem

Tuner in Training
    well I found the problem #3 exhaust valve spring broke only broke one coil so no engine damage or bent valves got new springs coming truck will be back up in a few days