Thread: holley high ram problems?

holley high ram problems?

hey everyone,
    i have tuned quite a few camaro's now, two maggie equiped, five cammed and supporting mods, three turoed with my custom rear mount kits. All of them tuned great except for mine. i still seem to be having trouble with my own car. so short of me being retarded im thinking its because of the holley high ram. heres the specs.
    2012 camaro ss
    lsx 376
    zr1 cam and dual springs
    holley high ram 80lb fic zr1 redrilled injectors
    remote mount 78 mm turbonetics turbo
    50mm wastegate
    50mm blow off valve
    air to air
    custom 2.5 bar os

problem 1, Car runs good bu i have issues with idle but only with the maf enabled in sd it idles rock steady. turn it to maf only and the idles surges from 650 rpm to 1200 rpm constantly and the fuel trims flop rich to lean large swings.

problem 2, car went from 25 mpg to 17 mpg and every one i have done for everyone else has got better mileage with my turbo kit.

problem 3, rich mixture smell at idle even with the zr1 injector boundary stuff in the ecm.

my thoughts are the only difference between my car and my buddies that i built is the holley high ram. my buddies car does not have these issues at all so i think the difference in injector placment is whats causing my problem. has any one else had issues like this or worked with the high ram before. then again maybe im just missing something easy here. Anybody have any ideas.

ve tune 1 stft tuning' 2 ltft and dfco on.hpt

would the transient tables help with this or would I be better turning them off completely as advised by a local tuner I know.