Thread: turbo c5 knock

turbo c5 knock

Just wanted to post my tune and log at the end of the log when I did a wot pull I got some knock. Just wanted to see if maybe I am missing something I am going to try colder plugs tom currently have -7 heat range. 402, pt7675 .96 AR, air to air, 234/236 .612, fast 102,102 tb this was with the meth kit off I forgot to save the other log but it knocked with the meth kit on also (i'm using washer fluid not meth mix)

Pump Gas Tune 4 June 13 USE THIS TUNE ASSHOLE!.hpt
    liter 4.hpl
    Last edited by ghost-1; 06-07-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a log? Seems like a lot of timing to me.
    SHUETUNING
    Powertraincontrolsolutions

Quote Originally Posted by sohc_mshue View Post
    Do you have a log? Seems like a lot of timing to me.
    fixed the log I have taken timing out I am going to try 12 deg and see how it likes it. I am running 10:1 comp also.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    hello,

1. according to the log your narrow bands are not close at WOT you have a discrepancy there. Bank1 is lean and Bank 2 is rich

2. that is the weirdest timing table i have seen

3. why you have no timing adjustment (for higher IAT or Coolant)

4. disable spark smooth

5. your Airmass load is around 1.8 and your last row in the timing table is 1.2 your (which your should base your engine timing on that last row)
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    hello,

1. according to the log your narrow bands are not close at WOT you have a discrepancy there. Bank1 is lean and Bank 2 is rich

2. that is the weirdest timing table i have seen

3. why you have no timing adjustment (for higher IAT or Coolant)

4. disable spark smooth

5. your Airmass load is around 1.8 and your last row in the timing table is 1.2 your (which your should base your engine timing on that last row)
    1. The way my turbo kit was built both 02's feed from one bank so I have them disabled.
    2.It is a table I received from a friend and I am still working on it I will post my new tune.
    3.It never gets above 105 iat or over 200 so I have not addressed them yet.
    4.I am actually fighting with my timing at idle the over under has it all over the place I am working on that now also.
    5 Are you referring to the g/cyl?

The knock issue is fixed the exhaust wrap for my down pipe came loose and my plug wire was arcing and finally failed last night, new plug wires and heat wrap and its running very well now except the idle and idle coming to a stop. I do appreciate your advice and looking at my issue.

Pump Gas Tune 8 June 13 USE THIS TUNE ASSHOLE!.hpt

ok I really dont want to start another thread so if someone sees this and has a suggestion cool if not I will just keep trying things I have read about. I cant get the timing at idle to stop swinging so much and not die on me, also after lowering the idle rpm and tuning some of the ve and spark it wants to die sometimes. I have done the raf table several times and if i turn the ac on it does not dip when coming to a stop. The tune is the post above this one and here is a log and the config I used to see what the timing was doing.

idle tuning.hpl

Timing Evaluation.cfg

If you want it to stop swinging at idle, 0 out your overspeed/underspeed tables, but I'll tell you that it does that on purpose and it's the quickest way to keep the idle speed in check. I highly recommend you start with a stock tune and work from there. What you're working from now is beyond help and just going to cause you to chase your tail until the end of time.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    If you want it to stop swinging at idle, 0 out your overspeed/underspeed tables, but I'll tell you that it does that on purpose and it's the quickest way to keep the idle speed in check. I highly recommend you start with a stock tune and work from there. What you're working from now is beyond help and just going to cause you to chase your tail until the end of time.
    Hey thanks for the advice this is actually the same tune from whenI purchased the car when it was supercharged. I just updated to a 3 bar and changed some things to match the turbo. I will use a stock tune and copy all the tables over minus the ve and tq management stuff and go from there. I didnt realize this thing was that jacked it ran well with the charger on it. Again thanks