Thread: I dont want to toot my own horn but....

Tuner

I dont want to toot my own horn but....

My city mpgs has increased from 13.3 mpg to 19.4 in the city. All with some simple transmission and spark tuning all the while adding a cold air intake, dual magnaflow catback and 32" wheels and tires. Guess it was a good investment.

WOOP! Yup you can really get some MPG out of these cars with the right tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    My city mpgs has increased from 13.3 mpg to 19.4 in the city. All with some simple transmission and spark tuning all the while adding a cold air intake, dual magnaflow catback and 32" wheels and tires. Guess it was a good investment.
    Post your tune! That's my goal too.

Senior Tuner
    I'm not saying I doubt you, but that's a 46% increase in fuel mileage...are you sure your old numbers weren't with incorrect speedometer settings?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner

The cold air intake definitely helped. I noticed my V4 activates a lot sooner and actually accelerates the truck rather than just holding a certain speed.
    Torque converter lockup happens a lot sooner now and the truck just feels a lot different.

Currently I am running 275/65/18 for the wheels and plugged in 32.10 for the gear/calc table.

I havent changed much with the tune but I definitely noticed a big difference in lockup/shifts and V4 cylinder activation. I can actually accelerate while in V4 mode rather than just cruise. Truck just feels different. Here is my tune and a pic.

Silverado Tune 1.hpt

Still havent figured out the best scan configs to run considering it doesnt use VE tables like my LS1 did. Any ideas for histograms?

Thanks.
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Tuner
    Changing the injector sizing will skew the miles per gallon. Miles travel divided by the fuel used for a correct MPG.
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

locking the converter alone will give you 2-4mpg instantly. Under light/normal accel, watch the inta-mpg-o-meter before and after the converter locks (without changing accel pedal position) I try to lock my converter sooner on everything I have, and lower the shift points a bit. Also try to make it stay in OD with the converter locked longer especially when slightly accelerating. Works every time.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires