Thread: LS3 TB on LS1 Engine Keeps dropping out. HELP. please

Tuner in Training

LS3 TB on LS1 Engine Keeps dropping out. HELP. please

Hello everyone,
    I am new to tuning with hptuners I am currently working on a 408 with LS3 heads , holley Hi-ram , 50lb injectors and LS3 TB I keep getting p1518 and p1515 I run it for a bit and it pops up again and I cant use the throttle. I do have the xlink harness as well. I am having a lot of troubles trying to tune this thing. Any advise would help. Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    Post Tune Log and config you are using.

Tuner in Training
    I know the tune isn't the best I just got it running but this TB issue is killing me.
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's reduced engine power that you're going into. I've never had any luck using LS3/7 throttle bodies (identified by the gold blade ), but have always been able to use the LS2 throttle bodies without issue which have the silver blade. PM coming your way.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    golden throttle blade TB will NOT work with PCM earlier then 2008. They open into the opposite direction and screw up TAC module. You have to use a silver blade TB from a LS2 or early LS7. been there - done that