Thread: Getting some KNock, is it real?

Getting some KNock, is it real?

My wideband is not connected for this log...so disregard that data.

I have mild 224/230 cam
    3000ish stall
    Gen IV heads L92/stock
    42lbs injectors.

I am trying to get thru a full pull without getting knock and I feel that it should take more timing.

getting knock at 5200RPM's/ frame 5435 starts the WOT pull

I know I am missing info...but appreciate any suggestions to get thru a full pull w/o knocking

thanks
    -joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    I believe your timing is pretty good where its at, but it seems your running a bit leaner by the o2 readings.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Yes. It is legitimate. You're getting unequal fueling at WOT. Leaner on the driver side than the passenger side. This is why people are advised to turn their LTFT's off. Richen it up a hair and turn your LTFT's off. It could be something else, but I would start with that since the knock is occurring on the driver side and it's 1.6% leaner on that pull due to the LTFT's being enabled.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Yes. It is legitimate. You're getting unequal fueling at WOT. Leaner on the driver side than the passenger side. This is why people are advised to turn their LTFT's off. Richen it up a hair and turn your LTFT's off. It could be something else, but I would start with that since the knock is occurring on the driver side and it's 1.6% leaner on that pull due to the LTFT's being enabled.
    thank you!!! I do have exhaust leak post O2's at my header collectors...if I turn off my LTFT will there be any negative effects??? or anything to monitor? thanks, now I have a place to start doing more searching
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

Quote Originally Posted by detroit View Post
    thank you!!! I do have exhaust leak post O2's at my header collectors...if I turn off my LTFT will there be any negative effects??? or anything to monitor? thanks, now I have a place to start doing more searching
    No just turn them off and free up your scanner space by removing them from the table.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.