Thread: Tune look fine to you?

Tuner

Tune look fine to you?

So I scanned my dads '96 Impala SS with a '01 LS6 (5.7) motor just to see what the tune looked like that was tuned by a local shop. I'm still a noob on tuning and wondering if what I see is actually true. There's a few things that seem off. Mainly the AFR and engine size since I'm assuming the engine harness shows up as a 2002 Escalade 6.0

Advanced Tuner
    What is your actual question/s? The high and low octane tables are the same, PE table is fat on the high end. Do you have a WB? Log it while driving and see where everything is. Check the tuning repository for a stock 02 Escalade 6.0 and compare it to see the differences.

Tuner
    The car doesn't have a WB. I told him to buy one and when I get more comfortable with tuning I will retune it. It's commanding a rich AFR for a NA motor. But maybe they just didn't take the time to do a full tune other than WOT and call it a day. I haven't gone over the whole file as I'm still learning and trying to tune my car. But someone on another board I post on already told me to run from this shop. Which is funny because it's a rather big name in the Houston market for LSx tuning.
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 06-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
    The car doesn't have a WB. I told him to buy one and when I get more comfortable with tuning I will retune it. It's commanding a rich AFR for a NA motor. But maybe they just didn't take the time to do a full tune other than WOT and call it a day. I haven't gone over the whole file as I'm still learning and trying to tune my car. But someone on another board I post on already told me to run from this shop. Which is funny because it's a rather big name in the Houston market for LSx tuning.
    Your VE table looks to be the same as the stock 00-02 Escalade. Looks to be untouched. Log your LTFT and STFT to see what they look like.

Looking at your spark tables, it looks familiar and I bet I know the tuner. If it is the same person in my mind, run fast and do not go WOT at all cost. Check for KR. I had a tune from this person and it had KR all over the place it was a blessing that nothing happened to by motor.

Get yourself a wideband and start from scratch with your tune.

How much time did they spend tuning your dad's car?

Tuner
    The shop is located off 45S around Friendswoods.............I've said to much.

I will be making adjustments when I get more competent with tuning which will be on my car. I will not tune his without a wideband either. And I have no clue how long but obviously they didn't give a crap. They couldn't even put the right motor into the tune.

Tuner
    And wow, I downloaded a stock 2002 Escalade tune. LMFAO what a crappy shop and I use the term shop, loosely.