Thread: fuel trim ?

fuel trim ?

Looking for some advice, been trying to get trims in line but I think Im chasing my tail. I think maby my headers or o2s are not helping me. what I have been doing is taking some fuel out of the tune because trims were pulling lots of fuel, so I adjusted decreased maf table. Trims seemed to get better but my problem is the next time I log I log they will be very negative again until I ride on them for a while then they will fall closer to zero. Is this because the o2's are away from the engine with headers? I even tried running only STFT but still when I first start they will be very negative then get better the more I drive. Im going to post a log and the current tune please tell me
    what I should be working on
    Last edited by blown 04; 06-03-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    03 SS Silverado,tvs2300,ID850,gt2-3,kooks, PRC 317'S,

Tuner in Training
    I am just taking a shot in the dark here, but I think you need to spend sometime tuning in SD in your VE table. Get the VE within good LTFT and STFT and then move on to the MAF. You really shouldnt do only one because they are not exclusive. You are always going to have some variance in fuel trims, but atleast by getting the VE table very close you can mitigate most of it. Right now you are chasing fuel trims through the MAF and being slapped around by the VE and other correction tables.
    2001 Camaro SS - 6.2L L9H, Custom Cam, LTs, Fast Toys 104 lid, SD CL tune, S-60 rear-end, 4.10, T-56, Borla, many suspension mods.

Ok I will give it a try I haven't spent much time on the ve table at all, I figured because I was FI M]my 1 bar ve table didn't have much effect but I guess it does. Thanks for the advice.
    03 SS Silverado,tvs2300,ID850,gt2-3,kooks, PRC 317'S,