Thread: Supercharged G8 Closing Throttle

Supercharged G8 Closing Throttle

I just installed a cts-v supercharger on my g8. With my initial super super safe tune (6* timing, way rich), it pulled all the way up to 6500 with no issues.

Now that I have started turning the timing up its starting to close throttle (or something) on me between 5000-5500 rpm. I'm logging pedal and etc position and most torque management PIDs i can find. Not seeing anything saying it's triggering it.

Attached is the latest log showing it occurring around frame 8700 and again around frame 19000. (It has started to knock just a little on this log) I've not ruled out something mechanical (sucking intake together or boost bypass opening) but it's odd that it didn't do it until i started upping the power.

Any suggestions or suggestions on items to log? Bear in mind that this is still very much a starter tune.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forgot to mention, I got a new wide band and my input formula is off. It's running about a 11.5 to 11.0 at wot right now (still needs to be dialed in, but that's hard to do when you can't make a clean pull lol

Senior Tuner
    Both cases all I see is the Boost Dropping off and spark increasing.
    I would check to see why the boost dropping out.

Potential Tuner
    Look for a restriction on the inlet side of the supercharger. I've seen a few centrifugal kits where people put a 90 degree silicone hose on the inlet side and it collapses right around 5k rpm's because of the low pressure area.

Quote Originally Posted by WCC Josh View Post
    Look for a restriction on the inlet side of the supercharger. I've seen a few centrifugal kits where people put a 90 degree silicone hose on the inlet side and it collapses right around 5k rpm's because of the low pressure area.
    Good Call on that. I put a stint in my Silicon 90* as a test and it held boost to redline.. Perhaps its telling my my stock airbox is restrictive