Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.2l s-10 turbo help. Loss of power

Tuner
    How is this? I see what you are talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    The AEM WB is all over the place! Truck went lean @ idle and wanted to die. I also noticed more KR than normal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 3.hpl (80.0 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: hpl 2.hpl (12.1 KB, 8 views)

Quote Originally Posted by ablues10 View Post
    How is this? I see what you are talking about.
    You do realize that you are commanding an 18-22AFR until 3600 rpm, don't you??

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    Holy hell! I went back and checked the injector const. and it was the stock one! Well, after kicking my own ass, here is what I have now. I have to wait till the weekend to flash it to the truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Not Sure why I thought you had an LC1
    Try this for AEM

Holy hell! I went back and checked the injector const. and it was the stock one! Well, after kicking my own ass, here is what I have now. I have to wait till the weekend to flash it to the truck.
    So know you are going to command 12.3-13.3?????

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    I saw what I did wrong. I thought the base didnt matter if you changed the multi. Now from 68deg on, I am commanding 11.0. I will post logs in a few hours and let you know the results! Thank you!

Tuner
    Alright, one thing I noticed, when I start boost, Im at 7.8afr. the rest of the time im around 11.5-14. I leaned out the commanded to 11.5 now. What next?

Tuner
    Alright, one thing I noticed, when I start boost, Im at 7.8afr. the rest of the time im around 11.5-14. I leaned out the commanded to 11.5 now. What next?

Tuner
    I noticed the AFR error is 22%+ here is the current tune, log file and 2 runs. When it dips into the 7.8afr range, it stutters and kicks back in. I also noticed the KR is there. Is this a phantom knock while under boost?

Potential Tuner
    Hey I just bought a brand new turbo kit for my 2000 s10 wit the 2.2 5 speed I have never turboed anything and was wondering if u had any info u could help me out ... Like where and what injectors I should get and anything else I should get to do to motor I'm not real good with all the terms u guys were using in ur post that I was just reading ... I'm real new to this and would appreciate the help and suggestions very much

Potential Tuner
    Like if I'm only gonna run 4 pounds of boost will I still need to Dyno it ... I was told I have to Dyno it to turbo it

Tuner
    S10forum has a lot of info. There are several factors in turboing N/A cars.

Potential Tuner
    Got any pointers I. What to start doing my turbo will b here this week coming should I start running different has than 87 and do u have any other pointers on what to do tune wise I wana just start running 4 or 5 pounds of boost at first

Tuner
    I noticed the AFR error is 22%+ here is the current tune, log file and 2 runs. When it dips into the 7.8afr range, it stutters and kicks back in. I also noticed the KR is there. Is this a phantom knock while under boost?
    Bump. I also wanted to add, the 7.8afr happens when under boost only. It seems like the commanded AFR is where it should be according to the LC-1.
    Im still puzzeled by the afr while at idle. SOMETIMES it creeps up to 18.0 to 22.0! Why would that happen? AS soon as I tap the gas it levels back out for a bit.

Bump. I also wanted to add, the 7.8afr happens when under boost only. It seems like the commanded AFR is where it should be according to the LC-1.
    Im still puzzeled by the afr while at idle. SOMETIMES it creeps up to 18.0 to 22.0! Why would that happen? AS soon as I tap the gas it levels back out for a bit.
    Have you done any VE tuning, or just changed numbers?

After changing your constant and AFR target, multipliers etc.. you should do a lot of datalogging to tune the VE.

Tuner
    Did you look at the most recent logs i took? I have not touched VE yet

Tuner
    Have you guys heard of running a potentiometer on the signal line of the MAP sensor? Not allowing it to read above 5v? I guess my stock one cant read more than 3psi. What is everybodys take on this?