Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2l s-10 turbo help. Loss of power

Tuner

2.2l s-10 turbo help. Loss of power

Its been a while since I posted here. I just got back to tuning my truck. I have a 2.2 2200 5speed. Im running a t3/t4 turbo @ 5psi. Im at full boost at 3500rpm @ 60%+ throttle. I took some logs last night and one thing I noticed is while in boost, my MAP reads high (Which is normal I aassume) then the KR kicks in and im 95% sure thats causing my power loss. I know Im running rich right now but I would rather be rich instead of lean. I know you guys know alot more than I do, and thats why I am here. Can you take a look at my files and let me know if I am anywhere close to where I should be.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Here is the tune file

you need bigger logs to start. also turn off pe and closed loop and decel fuel cut off take log and post it here. add more info to the tables like closed loop and pe enable add narrow band sensor and fuel trim cell and vehicle speed as well. im thinking the issue is with your pe set to low to turn on and commanded is way to low as well but turn that stuff off and take a log with counts in all cells preferred and more of them
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 06-02-2013 at 11:49 PM.

This tune does not look safe at all. It actually looks like a time bomb waiting to happen. Your VE tables have some crazy ramping for such a low amount of boost, your PE tables are way out of wack (13.65 afr!), and 26* timing!

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    Ok, I will post longer logs this Saturday.

As for the timing, that was a reccomandation by a guy on one of the forums a while back. What do you recommend? As for the VE offset, I know it's high but it's the only thing I could do to not get the engine to go lean 17.00+ under boost. So given the tune, what would you change? Maybe I can get better logs.

Quote Originally Posted by ablues10 View Post

As for the timing, that was a reccomandation by a guy on one of the forums a while back. What do you recommend? As for the VE offset, I know it's high but it's the only thing I could do to not get the engine to go lean 17.00+ under boost. So given the tune, what would you change? Maybe I can get better logs.
    26* @ WOT on a boosted Alpha-N (assuming without any meth either) is just asking for trouble... Have you been logging KR? As for the VE, I am not so much talking about the offset multipler, I am talking about your actual VE tables... This tune needs to be started new from scratch.

P&P Tuning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Leave pe off until a decent base is made. Turn it back on and set it for desired ratio like 1.256 for 11.7. Then I rich ended up the ve where pe was active until the afr matched.
    Imphat does that sound right?

Seeing as these don't run maf only on pe like an lsj I saw this method work ok for me but I'm still not done as the data retrieved sometimes had to be discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Leave pe off until a decent base is made. Turn it back on and set it for desired ratio like 1.256 for 11.7. Then I rich ended up the ve where pe was active until the afr matched.
    Imphat does that sound right?

Seeing as these don't run maf only on pe like an lsj I saw this method work ok for me but I'm still not done as the data retrieved sometimes had to be discarded.
    Its a little bit different on this platform. There is no table for Stoich input, and using the multiplier of 1.0 (lambda) will show up in scanner for 14.7 for a commanded AFR. I am not not looking at a file at the moment, and an no where near my laptop, BUT, under PE tables there is a PE AFR. This table references AFR vs ECT. There is another table that is a multiplier PE vs RPM . I am going to post a piece of a "how to" I did for JBO.org a few years ago... Might explain it a little better.... Totally different than when working with the more popular PCMs..

• PE Base AFR vs ECT(Coolant Temp)
    This is one of table I see most people screw up. Most people just don’t have an understanding on what these values mean. When in PE, the values here are what the Target* AFR is for that coolant temperature. Just because you put a value in plot, does NOT mean this is what the AFR will be. This table is simple a Target Command.

• PE Multiplier vs RPM
    This table, like the PE Base vs ECT is even more not understood by people. This is simply just a modifier table for the PE Base vs ECT. For example, If I have a commanded target value of 11.8 in the PE Base vs ECT table and I want to command an 11.6 at higher RPM, I would take 11.6/11.8 = .98 and enter the .98 at that RPM cell. The lower the number, the richer the target.

P&P Tuning

ok so im doing it right then. i used it like it was a modified lsj pe setup. instead of it being fixed 14.7 base and multiplier for correction i saw an opportunity to to alter wot afr then multiplier that to keep the values even simpler. im enjoying this good info. thanks to both of you i got questions i had asked and covered. thanks much
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Ok, time to do some logs. Here is the tune I will be using. The only thing that has been changed (beside MIL light stuff) is the injector constant. I have it configured for 30lb/hr injectors that are in it. Ill post logs in an hour or so.

Tuner
    Ok, first is a city run, second is a highway run and 3rd is a city. It ran pretty well I thought but I didnt look at the data yet. I didnt see it run lean on the LC-1 either. Its about 90 degrees here also. All on the tune listed above:

new config file also

Tuner
    Anyone?

Ok, first is a city run, second is a highway run and 3rd is a city. It ran pretty well I thought but I didnt look at the data yet. I didnt see it run lean on the LC-1 either. Its about 90 degrees here also. All on the tune listed above:

new config file also
    Have you fixed the tables I pointed out?

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    Yes, it is all stock except the injector correction. I have 30lb/HR injectors currently in it.

If you look at the city run (Not run 2) in frame 186 that is about the time the KR goes up

screen shot.JPG

Tuner
    BTW I originally had someone put HPtuners on my truck before I turboed it (mainly to shut off the rear O2 sensor and a few other MIL light things but nothing big). If I remember right, he might have done something to the timing. The tune that is currently on the truck is the oldest one I have except its adjusted for the injectors. If something doesnt look right for the Timing, let me know and Ill get it fixed.

Senior Tuner
    You are logging too much.
    Here is a Config with the LC1 setup to try.

planet is trying to say only tell the scanner to log the sensors only required to make the changes you are currently working on. the more sensors listed on the table primary chart, the slower the scanner snapshots data since it has to look for a whole bunch more input data for every snapshot it takes.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Ok, using the config above, here are my logs for the night:
    • File Type: hpl 9.hpl (88.2 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (48.4 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 2.hpl (57.5 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 3.hpl (45.2 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 4.hpl (25.0 KB, 6 views)

Tuner
    More:
    • File Type: hpl 8.hpl (50.1 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: hpl 5.hpl (23.9 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 6.hpl (30.2 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 7.hpl (45.0 KB, 6 views)

Yes, it is all stock except the injector correction. I have 30lb/HR injectors currently in it.

If you look at the city run (Not run 2) in frame 186 that is about the time the KR goes up

screen shot.JPG
    Leaving everything stock (with the exception of injector constant) is not going to end well.... I am at work w/o my laptop, so I can't look at your latest file... Please see my above post about the commanded PE....

P&P Tuning