Thread: LS 5.3 wont run, help please!!

Tuner in Training

LS 5.3 wont run, help please!!

ok so i have an '03 5.3 LS that i had in my '87 trans am gta, i got an '89 gta and swapped everything over, car wont start, i thought it was an injector or ecu problem so i repinned my '97-'98 harness to an '02 and got a new '02 ecu, still wont run, some one help me please because i cant figure it out. its a 5.3 with a ls6 cam, shorty headers, underive pulley and ls3 injectors. im running 48 psi of fuel, it is open y pipe right now,here i have the tune and the scan file form when i was trying to start it. 05_30_13_1.hplnew_ecu_2002_vats_disabled.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Check the simple things first. Make sure you have power going to the pcm. Check to make sure you have spark and fuel pressure.

Go with the simple items like the previous post, also double check all grounds are correct and all plugs are tight.

Be surprised what a bad ground will cause you in headaches

Tuner in Training
    ok i checked all grounds, none loose or missing everything seems to be plugged in or connected correctly. i check for spark, its there, getting spark, im getting fuel pressure, just need to see if injectors are getting pulse. i am getting a high number on the iac, 188, i got a new one and same thing, what can cause this? same with old computer and new one as well.

Advanced Tuner
    My iac counts when i turn the key on are 184. You need to get car to hot idle to make sure your iac counts are in the proper range.

Tuner in Training
    ok i have no idea why it wont start, getting spark, getting fuel, injectors are puling, i cant explain it...

Potential Tuner
    Hello your IAC counts are high due to the computer want a high idle at start this is not the problem . what did you use to test the injectors pulse ... try spaying card spay down the intake and see what happens .. and are you sure the computer is getting power if so do you know how to do an engine grounds test

Tuner in Training
    i do not know how to do an engine grounds test, i am getting spark, so i assumed i was getting power to ecu