Thread: 2008 Silverado Full bolt on tune review and help!

Potential Tuner

2008 Silverado Full bolt on tune review and help!

The truck is a 2008 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4. Airraid Intake, Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT Headers, ORY, Magnaflow 3 inch exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley, DOD Delete, Comp 228/228 588/558 110 lsa cam and a circle d 3200 stall. I'm trying to get the shift points right and having some difficulty. At the top of 1st it seems to be running into the rev limiter and I havent been able to get it to stop! It also feels like the truck has more in it but isn't pulling as hard in the mid range as it should. Can anyone take a look at my files and see what I might be doing wrong? Thanks ahead of time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Get your Full throttle shift speeds to match the 100% value in Part Throttle shifts. What rpm are you wanting it to shift at?
    1-2 at 5800 should be about 46 mph.
    I'll check out the rest of the tune when I get a minute. Do you have a fully built transmission?

Potential Tuner
    @ Greystone: I've got the same cam, Cam 277/277 @ ½” is 228/228, Lobe separation is 110, valve lift is 588/588, but I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe w/4l60e. My shifting is rocking, but I'm having trouble with idle and rolling idle, hell it was working pretty good,then all of a sudden it now hesitates big time at WOT! I'm a noob and just learning, I actually got a new ECM and licensed it like a frankenstien lol... I guess I'm halfway there!

Hey so did you mess with your fuel delivery parts? New injectors? Fuel pump and regulator??? Man, cause CompCams swears I need to change those things to really get the power out of this cam! Problem is I can't find the parts I need, well I did find 36lb Holley injectors, but want to make sure they are the right fit, but can't get them to answer phone...

I also have a 2400 stall from Circle D, you in Houston??

Potential Tuner
    My idle is great with the tune I uploaded. No hesitations or bogs anywhere. Fuel delivery parts for sure need to be upgraded next. I have it shifting at 6500 now to be safe. Its still pulling past that but my injector duty cycle goes up to 108-110% which is not good. I'm looking at the FAST LSXrt next with new rails and injectors so I can let her rip. Yep im from the southside. And thanks for taking a look at my tune LEDbetter. Transmission isn't built it just has the corvette servos.

Quote Originally Posted by WERO Performance View Post
    @ Greystone: I've got the same cam, Cam 277/277 @ ½” is 228/228, Lobe separation is 110, valve lift is 588/588, but I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe w/4l60e. My shifting is rocking, but I'm having trouble with idle and rolling idle, hell it was working pretty good,then all of a sudden it now hesitates big time at WOT! I'm a noob and just learning, I actually got a new ECM and licensed it like a frankenstien lol... I guess I'm halfway there!

Hey so did you mess with your fuel delivery parts? New injectors? Fuel pump and regulator??? Man, cause CompCams swears I need to change those things to really get the power out of this cam! Problem is I can't find the parts I need, well I did find 36lb Holley injectors, but want to make sure they are the right fit, but can't get them to answer phone...

I also have a 2400 stall from Circle D, you in Houston??