Thread: MAP sensor compatibility

birthplace of GM- Flint, MI where the water is heavy

MAP sensor compatibility

Are the MAP sensors from a nnbs intake (12644228) compatible with a gen3 411? I don't really see a reason that it wouldn't be. Just kind of looking to confirm a bad MAP (only reads to 85kpa KOEO). My wiring is correct and I wonder what I am missing. I have tried to search but I might be using the wrong terminology. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tuner
    i used map sensor 12615136 for my turbo setup 2 bar map sensor .hth

That's what I thought. It shouldn't matter what sensor you use as long as it is wired correctly. I have a new one on the way anyways. It struck me as odd because I have never seen one act that way in all my years of wrenching fleet service in turbo and non turbo engines.

Okay, new MAP at 85kpa still. Went thru wiring from pin end to pin end, resistance tested while wiggling wires, everything I can think of off the top of my head. I am at 751ft above sea level which should put me at 99kpa KOEO not 85kpa. I picked up my first bit of knock with the nnbs MAP because of this. It doesn't seem legit to tweak timing around WOT now because of a sensor issue. Is there anything special about nnbs tunes that use these MAPs, that I don't know about, that won't work on a 2002 411 vcm (run-on sentence I know)? "Build" is a 2004 6.0, shaved 799s, smallish eps cam, nnbs intake, and a 90mm TB, so nothing major. I can "make the 2004 MAP fit", but it looks like poopoo.

Senior Tuner
    post tune
    map setting may (probably) incorrect

Forgot to update. I just reused the old map sensor with a little "love". I would have loved to use the new one but there is no map adjustment for 2002 Silverado is that I could find. I thank you for trying to help me though!