Thread: need help tuning lq9

Advanced Tuner

need help tuning lq9

I have been tuning my dads lq9(ls6 cam in it) and i got it working pretty good on low to mid rpm but when i floor it, from somewhere 4800 it all of a sudden has a huge loss of power and the check engine light becomes on(the scanner reads a misfire). And the weirdest thing is, that it only does that in second gear. My AFR is reading very very close to where it should be and the timing is also near its best working. Soon we will be deleting the cats but not sure if that would help. We are shifting at 6100 from first to second and 6000 from second to third. So it still revs to 6000 but it doesnt have any power from 4800 to 6000 in second gear. In first gear it pulls great. So if anyone knows what my problem can be, i would appreciate if i would get some help. Not sure if its in the tune but it maybe could be. If anyone needs to see a tune and/or log i can post it.

Tuner
    post up a scan or or data so someone can help along with current tune

Advanced Tuner
    This is the current tune and the last scan i had. Please if someone can help me, i would really apreciate it. And it seems like i starts to get worse now. I thought it only did that in second gear but now it starts already in first and btw the scanner reads a misfire in number 2 cylinder but if checked for plugs and plug wires and everything seems to be okay.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Your commanding 9.9:1 afr from about 4000 rpm up. There is a constant 1 degree knock retard, and el paso is 3800 ft according to google, you never get get passed about 79 kpa at wot. I would start from scratch, do some reading, figure out why you always have knock, and why map is not reading as it should.

Senior Tuner
    The more I look at your tune, the more messed up it is. Set everything back to stock and read the how to's in the stickys.