Thread: TUTORIAL: MAF TUNING with Excel

Tuner in Training

TUTORIAL: MAF TUNING with Excel

I'll be adding to this thread over time. Answer questions, correct mistakes, add new tuning documents as I build them, etc. Much easier to explain my method once in it's own thread versus many times in many threads.

Here is the link to the excel file. Too large to host on this forum, won't let me.
    Excel Doc

If you can't get Excel, Kingsoft Spreadsheets offers a free version.
    Kingsoft Spreadsheets

The use of the document is pretty straight forward. Paste the required data, copy the new MAF table and paste in the PCM file. Done, well, you gotta flash it and do the logging, etc.

The MAF table on the top row GREEN is where you paste the current MAF file from the PCM file used during the log. The cells below that is for specific referencing, do not alter them. Then the BLUE row is the finished product, the new MAF curve.

Wideband readings are often a few frames delayed (due to exhaust gas travel time obviously). Sliding the wideband column data up 2 frames really helps accuracy for most logs. If you have 5 frames per sec, use 2. 20 frames per second try 6.

The grey columns to the right of the green will require dragging down to the right size of the data inserted to the left. It is easy if you select the last row (G-K30) and hit (CTRL+SHIFT)+ARROW DOWN then CTRL+D to fill down.

If you done everything right, this document will get your fuel trims within +/- 0.2%

I KID YOU NOT!!! Those are the right numbers. Fuel trims within 0.2% is awesome accurate!!!

trims.jpg

the link takes me to file dropper login page
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

Tuner in Training
    Ahh that sucks.....the file is too big for HPT to host it. Once I get some work together I'll fix it up and find a better host.