Thread: How to change vin????

Tuner

How to change vin????

I had to buy stock 1999 C5 corvette tune off resportoiry because i lost mine so i can upgrade from 2 bar to 3 bar. So i did, went to flash ecu but it will not let me change vins. The stock tune that i had to buy has a differnet vin then mine. When i try to write entrie to 3bar the car freaks out and just makes a ticking sound intell i reflash to my origal 2bar os. Do i have to buy more credits. If i bought stock file do i have to buy more credits to make it 3 bar. I have 2 bar now but want to upgrade to 3bar. I attached info on my suite info. Thanks
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

Tuner
    Ok update per bill@hptuner it that SYSTEMhe sugested to upgrade sofeware i did and still no change any ideas guys why is THAT SYSTEMS does this what is that do anyway???
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx203 View Post
    Ok update per bill@hptuner it that SYSTEMhe sugested to upgrade sofeware i did and still no change any ideas guys why is THAT SYSTEMS does this what is that do anyway???
    I'm not exactly sure what this means but once you've changed to one of our gen 3 custom operating systems the only way to go to a new one is via the stock file.

First you would take your vin number and check it against TIS http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web to see what operating systems are valid according to gm
    Then fine a file from the repository that matches said operating system(if you are lucky enough to come across one that matches) and flash the pcm with that file(obviously you'll need a 1 bar map sensor)
    Then my suggestion would be to have your pcm flashed via tech 2 with your correct vin & a KNOWN good stock file.

Then just read out the new stock file, save & tune away.

This is why it is a good idea to always save a copy of your stock file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"