Thread: idle tuning help

tuning help 2.2 eco turbo 740cc

i was wondering if someone could help me with tuning my idle im having some problems. also if you adjust the tune can you tell me how you got the numbers for the tables trouble with main ve idle table
    Attached is a tune and log for that tune and my config file

8ol is tune i created with this log attached
    log is for 7ol tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 05-28-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: description change

Anyone willing to take a look?

4 days no input?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    ok i looked and i got a set of values.
    i made custom histograms from scratch using your scanner log and matched the axis labels to the editor ve table axis.
    i then selected afr error % as my display pid.

told it to load all data and selected view average values.
    the whole number values shown are a value in percent. for every 1 value in the ve table that's 1 percent. so all you do is select the entire vcm scanner data and copy and paste special>add into the tables that match the graph axis in the editor.

the values i came up with are attached.VE Compare 2.2 Pontiac.png

you message is confusing in a way that i am guessing tune 7 is the one that was loaded when the recording was made correct? if so the corrections i made look as i posted which do not match the ones you have posted in tune 8.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-30-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

That is correct appreciate the help I'll try that and let you know thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    ok i looked and i got a set of values.
    i made custom histograms from scratch using your scanner log and matched the axis labels to the editor ve table axis.
    i then selected afr error % as my display pid.

told it to load all data and selected view average values.
    the whole number values shown are a value in percent. for every 1 value in the ve table that's 1 percent. so all you do is select the entire vcm scanner data and copy and paste special>add into the tables that match the graph axis in the editor.

the values i came up with are attached.VE Compare 2.2 Pontiac.png

you message is confusing in a way that i am guessing tune 7 is the one that was loaded when the recording was made correct? if so the corrections i made look as i posted which do not match the ones you have posted in tune 8.
    can you post the config you used how were you able to get the low rpm coastdown.

low rpm cost down is just like any other table....the values are used when you run through the cells that fall into the axis lines. this particular table y axis is map and the values are all vacuum values which is considered a coast down value.

ill have to re-make it i did it on the fly. ill need some time.

Update: attached cfg file. i have a custom pid for afr error if you dont have it you will have to apply it to tabs 1-5 & 10.
    afr= 100*([sens.120]-[sens.121])/[sens.121]

also you need to fully disable PE Mode to properly tune the ve tables. PE is a multiplier to the ve table so if its on and you are tuning ve you are just making things worse.

to disable: engine>fuel>power enrich> tps vs. rpm = set to 100
    power enrich>PE Delay = set 6375

when you go to re-enable "tps vs.rpm" there is no need to have pe come on at 20% tps position raise the limit to around 80%.

then set the "PE Delay" back to 2800 rpm so if you hit PE it wont turn on until over 2800 rpm.

DFCO will be turned on once the ve tables are complete as they interfere with ve base calibration. Yours in tune 7 is properly turned off. Use factory values when you re-enable it and you shouldn't have any problems with DFCO.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-31-2013 at 06:08 PM.

low rpm cost down is just like any other table....the values are used when you run through the cells that fall into the axis lines. this particular table y axis is map and the values are all vacuum values which is considered a coast down value.

ill have to re-make it i did it on the fly. ill need some time.

Update: attached cfg file. i have a custom pid for afr error if you dont have it you will have to apply it to tabs 1-5 & 10.
    afr= 100*([sens.120]-[sens.121])/[sens.121]

also you need to fully disable PE Mode to properly tune the ve tables. PE is a multiplier to the ve table so if its on and you are tuning ve you are just making things worse.

to disable: engine>fuel>power enrich> tps vs. rpm = set to 100
    power enrich>PE Delay = set 6375

when you go to re-enable "tps vs.rpm" there is no need to have pe come on at 20% tps position raise the limit to around 80%.

then set the "PE Delay" back to 2800 rpm so if you hit PE it wont turn on until over 2800 rpm.

DFCO will be turned on once the ve tables are complete as they interfere with ve base calibration. Yours in tune 7 is properly turned off. Use factory values when you re-enable it and you shouldn't have any problems with DFCO.
    Ok I'll give it a try and let you know.
    Also I tried to do the idle by paste special add and engine won't start without throttle and is reading way to lean now. Any suggestions? Also when light touch throttle engine dies

try selecting the scanner values and instead of pasting them select paste special>multiply by percent whole value

sorry i brain farted adding should be by using fuel trims

try selecting the scanner values and instead of pasting them select paste special>multiply by percent whole value

Lol that ok I'll give it a try tomorrow abd report back thank you

ok i was able to get the idle 1000rpm 30kpa within range and is ok. i still need to feather gas pedal to start the car engine warm. also with engine warm when stationary i touch gas pedal in closed loop the computer is commanding long term trim +25 and short term trim +18 looks like it need more fuel. ive tried tuning the idle even more but it dont matter where i adjust the number to on the idle it still says that usually around 30kpa from 1100 to 1600. engine leans out until starts to die till it reaches 1000 then it ok again. this continues with gas pedal at same position without moving it any. any suggestions?

what fuel injectors do you have and whats your fuel rail pressure? i just want to confirm the offset value you have.

what fuel injectors do you have and whats your fuel rail pressure? i just want to confirm the offset value you have.
    71lb 740cc at 43.5psi. Rail pressure at 45psi at idle

when motor is cold car starts just fine not when hot

i have attached prev tune with logs for it i did create another tune with these logs but didnt touch the idle only low rpm and high rpm and turned on closed look pe and decel. all those trims are looking ok just idle isnt. i just checked the injector const and looks like it was just a little off but not much. i got a const of 0.06044766 and the one in the 15ol tune is 0.06039

The issue is in fuel trim cell 5 I believe
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 06-02-2013 at 02:10 PM.