Thread: No Reverse is tuning the problem???

Tuner

No Reverse is tuning the problem???

K I did an LQ4 swap and am using my stock 4L60E and I have no reverse. Have hooked up the Tech2 and found my PRNDL switch shows the gear change. But the Trans Fluid Pressure switch shows Park, Neutral, Neutral, Drive4, Drive3, Drive2, and Drive1. Now from what I've gathered from all my wiring diagrams, there is a wire on the 60E harness thats not on the 80E harness(I have the 80E harness). I've gone in to the advanced view of my tuning and have changed the trans from a 4L80E to a 4L60E. Could this be why I have no reverse? Or could it have been in the valve body when I did a rebuild? I prefer to not have to drop the pan if I don't have to. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS!!! I need my truck back!!! My GTP spun a rod bearing so I haven't had a car for the last couple weeks and am sick of F'n walking!!!
    Last edited by 1duffman; 05-22-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    With no electrical connection to the trans you should still have rev and 3rd on a 4L60E. Pull the plug off and see what you have.

Tuner
    yeah I guess it is mechanical huh... well we'll see

Tuner
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K so i came across a deal for a 80E 10,000 miles or so with no converter. Tradin the GTP for it. For my basically stock set up would you suggest just a stock converter? or Would you get something from the aftermarket? I am tryin to go cheap.. Ideas...??? Not sure where to even really start to tune that either. The PCM was originally for a 4L80E, but I'm doin' a frickin swap why would I wanna stay stock?!haha

Potential Tuner
    Did you install the "Beast" sunshell during the rebuild?

Tuner
    You may have to send your file in to support to have a trans segment swap done. When I installed a 5.7 into my 2002 S10 4L60-E, I could change the trans in the menu, but it still was controlling a 4L80-E. Ended up having to do a segment swap like discussed here...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Segment-swaps
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L