Thread: "service vehicle soon" on 2007 Z06

"service vehicle soon" on 2007 Z06

I'm tuning an '07 Z with a 2 bar sd os. I'm not sure if the service vehicle soon message was there before tuning or not....and I'm not sure what it is even there for. No code is present (other than the po103 maf code) and no ABS, TCS codes are present.

Should this car have the LS2 tcs patch applied? Does the LS2's even have to apply that patch when the 2 bar os enhancement has been applied? I have tuned a bunch of 2 bar os LS2's and don't recall the "service vehicle soon" display or any tcs/abs codes and I DIDN'T do the tcs patch on those cars.

Any thoughts on why this message is on? Any way to find out why other than a trip to the dealer? Will a tech 2 read why this message is displayed?

Uncheck the ses box`s on p0101,102,103.

They are unchecked. I set them all to fail on the first error if that even matters. Maf is set to fail at 0 hz. I just did the tcs patch and its still there. I didn't expect that to change anything since there were no abs/tcs codes or lights on.

Senior Tuner
    You need to scan the entire dataline like the BCM
    Could even be a burnt bulb.

How do I scan the entire dataline? I put a stock tune back in the car with minimal changes just so it would run, no 2bar os, no tsc patch and it still shows the message with no codes present so atleast it seems that the message isn't due to a tuning issue

Senior Tuner
    You need a scanner capable of doing it.
    Start with little stuff and make sure all you ext light work etc etc