Thread: how to use HPtuners Real time tuning

how to use HPtuners Real time tuning

http://youtu.be/U0Ii6ysBUUg

i had alot of questions on this lately and figured it would be easy if i just did a quick video.

if you are familiar with hptuners, this feature is available if you are using a custom OS or speed density os

please feel free to correct me if i am wrong hp tuners or anyone

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    glad your helping the community

Nice of you to take the time to make a video. You mentioned to change the values in the table and hit enter. You do not have to hit enter. If you put a value in that table, it will carry straight into it. Also, be careful with large histogram copy/paste/multiply percent (or percent by 1/2) moves. I have 3 laptops that I tune with and every one of them will not place the values in the correct cells. I've had the same issue going straight to the tune itself. The fix for me has been to copy a few rows at a time and special paste them. Something else I would like to add is that you can highlight small sections and interpolate horizontally or vertically or use the smoothing function in RTT. While using RTT, I like to copy the tables over to the tune throughout the session.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Nice of you to take the time to make a video. You mentioned to change the values in the table and hit enter. You do not have to hit enter. If you put a value in that table, it will carry straight into it. Also, be careful with large histogram copy/paste/multiply percent (or percent by 1/2) moves. I have 3 laptops that I tune with and every one of them will not place the values in the correct cells. I've had the same issue going straight to the tune itself. The fix for me has been to copy a few rows at a time and special paste them. Something else I would like to add is that you can highlight small sections and interpolate horizontally or vertically or use the smoothing function in RTT. While using RTT, I like to copy the tables over to the tune throughout the session.

yep all good tips!
    i do the same things,
    specifically pasting the main table over to the tune VE and saving in case shit happens

excellent post
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Very nice thanks!

I think there are a few OS's that you can have Maf RTT as well.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to use RTT, but when I try to modify a cell, my scanner crashes with the error message, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ..."

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jpandes View Post
    I would like to use RTT, but when I try to modify a cell, my scanner crashes with the error message, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ..."
    I'm guessing at this one, no tune file posted, but did you turn on what you wanted to RTT in VCM editor? Engine>General>Real Time Tuning> Real Time Mode might be set to disabled

Tuning a 98 F-body with a big cam, RTT would help right now, glad denmah brought this up.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Advanced Tuner
    His video is how I learned RTT. Used it to tune a C5 Vette recently...